Hotwire Hotel: NYC hotel help with Hotwire (Central Park South and Grand Central)

friedwater
By friedwater,
in

Hi all,

I am trying to book a hotel in NYC for 4 adults on Hotwire for 5/19 - 5/22. My budget is max of $200. I am seeing two prices on Hotwire, details are below. Any help in figuring out would be awesome. 

Hotel 1

Star rating - 5* (90% Recommended)
City and zone - Central Park South area in New York City.

Hotwire area on map is between 9th Av - Park Ave & W 57th - W 59th.
Travel dates - 5/19 - 5/22
Room rate per nite in US Dollars - $116 ($146* is strikeout)
Amenities associated with the hotel

Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

My guess is 1 Hotel Central Park but when I try their website, 2 beds are sold out for that date range and room rates are avg $346.

Hotel 2

Star rating - 4*  (90% Recommended)
City and zone - Grand Central area hotel in New York City

Hotwire area on map is between Ave of Americas - Park Ave & W 42nd - W 48th.
Room rate per nite in US Dollars - $64 ($80* is strikeout)

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

My guess is The Iroquois New York.

I'll update the results once I book. Thanks for your help! 

Sush.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I agree with both your guesses above and i would jump  at either of them as the prices are incredible for this time of year... especially for quad occupancy in NYC. (maybe even get two rooms at the 4 star so you have a bit more comfort during your stay :wink: )

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd agree that these are prices you should jump on ASAP as these are highly, highly unusual rates. You don't see these kind of rates even at the absolute slowest point of year. My guess is that these rates will not last or they are a mistake and will be corrected sooner than later. Either way, I'd take advantage.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

There were a few offers yesterday with prices that seemed to be a bit out of line with what should be expected this time of year... unfortunately i don't think you'll likely seeing pricing similar to the above again for these dates.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been beating myself up for not grabbing that ridiculous rate on Tuesday. Looks like they are not honoring it I guess from reading other people on the forum. Anyways, I have been looking and I am looking at between ~$200 - $290. One is in Wall street and two others are in Times Square. I also would need to look for parking options, Times square hotels seem like more than $50 parking rate :O.

Any advice if being in Times square would be better than down by Wall street? Mostly sightseeing for my older parents. I'm leaning toward these two for now.

Hotel 1

Star rating - 4* (80% Recommended)
City and zone - World Trade Center - Wall Street

Hotwire area on map is south of Brooklyn Bridge
Room rate per nite in US Dollars - $209

Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Hotel 2

Star rating - 4* (50% Recommended) Does this make it a bad hotel?
City and zone - Times Square North area

Hotwire area on map is between 9th Av and 5th Ave & W 49 and W 56
Room rate per nite in US Dollars - $226 ($584+ strikeout)

Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I can't seem to figure these two out. 

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, friedwater said:

Times square hotels seem like more than $50 parking rate

Drop the luggage and other guests at the hotel to check-in while you (and one other guest if you need company) go park the car at a private garage... you won't need it while you're in the city, it will be cheaper than parking thru the hotel, and at check-out you reverse process of going to get the car while others bring the luggage downstairs and wait in the lobby.

Best guess for the Downtown hotel would be the Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District... for the TS hotel stay away from it based upon only half of those traveling on a discounted recommending the hotel.

How mobile are your parents?  Can they handle (subway) stairs OK?  Are most of the attractions you intend on seeing in midtown, downtown, or you're not sure?

Thanks! I'll definitely look at private garage. They are pretty mobile, so travel will be subway, cabs/uber most of the times. I get discount on CityPass through work which gets me into most of the attractions I am targeting; Empire State Building, Museum of Natural History, Museum of Arts, Liberty Island, Rock Observation Deck and 9/11 memorial. Excited to goto the top of the new world trade center. 

I'll update here once I get the hotel. I am inclining towards Marriot Marquis in Times Square. Rate is $300/night for two beds, will keep checking Hotwire for better prices. Appreciate all your help!!

Why the Marriott Marquis?!?! 

It's big, impersonal, and really best suite as a business hotel... what about this property makes you lean towards this one?

It seems to me that your mind is made up... let us know if any change in your plans.

Have a great trip.

Hi guys!

Could you please help with this hotel. I am not really sure what it could be. I am still looking, figured should create a new thread for this new hotel.

Star rating - 4.5

City and zone - NYC, Rockefeller center

Travel dates - 5/19 - 5/22

Room rate per nite in US Dollars - $269 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

Thanks guys!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]