Hotwire Hotel: 5* New York City (Upper East Side) The Mark

veedesign
By veedesign,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please reply with the room rate per nite and the dates of your stay and we will have a look at this offer.

Also, I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The room rate goes between two different prices $121 and $146  -- Hotel I won is The Mark

I saw this 5 * hotel listed and thought it was a website glitch since it was listing the original price at $161 and discounted to $121. (No 5* in UES is $161 normally!)  I waited too long doing research to find out what it was. Came back to check out at $121 and the price was at $146. I went ahead and got it regardless. The hotel I won is The Mark. I am very happy with the hotel. Sad thing is, I just went back to check on it again and it is now back to showing the $121 price! Do you think this is one of those glitches?

BTW. Reserved stay is June 24 - 30, 2016

Insane deal for this property! Hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List. If you look under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account, do you see any additional amenities beyond the ones noted above?

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

While not the $121, this is still an insanely good deal. There have been a couple of instances this afternoon of highly unusual prices turning up in searches and this is another one. I'm seeing a regular rate on the hotel's website of $628 a night for these dates....

Enjoy your stay.

On Tuesday, I won The Mark in NYC through Hotwire deals for $142. An amazing deal for a 5 star hotel. My credit card was charged and I started making my trip arrangements. Just received an email tonight from Hotwire. Here's what it said:

We are contacting you about your upcoming reservation with The Mark, Hotwire itinerary *******

It is much of regret to inform you that your booking is not confirmed due to an internal error in our system . Please be assured, this experience is not typical of what our customers can expect when booking with Hotwire.

As such, we would like to offer you the option of either canceling the reservation for a refund and receive 25 HotDollars, or we would be happy to assist you in relocating to a different hotel nearby at no additional cost to you. Please call us directly at the number below to let us know how you would like to proceed.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our customers are very important to us, and we would like to ensure that you are provided with the best possible experience.

Sincerely,

Rob P.
Hotwire Customer Care
www.hotwire.com

Does anyone know what are my options and/or consumer rights with this situation? If their computer made an error by giving me a too low of a price, why can they be allowed to rewrite the rules and make me be out of a hotel because of their mistake? This doesn't seem fair or good customer service.

Any insight would be appreciated! 

"On Tuesday, I won The Mark in NYC through Hotwire deals for $142. An amazing deal for a 5 star hotel. My credit card was charged and I started making my trip arrangements. Just received an email tonight from Hotwire. Here's what it said:"

There was an issue with a few hotels on HOTWIRE the other day where they were briefly showing at unheard of prices that were likely a mistake. Users have reported that HOTWIRE is cancelling these reservations, but they have also helped people book comparable (5* for 5*) hotels for the same dates, which is - I think - still a tremendous deal.  The prices from the error the other day were prices that were lower than what is normally seen during the very slowest period of the year.

HOTWIRE is offering you the option to be booked into a different hotel or a refund and credit. I'd really, really recommend calling them and asking to be booked into another comparable property.

6 hours ago, ema2412 said:

I have the same issue!

ema2412,

You have posted one win to the board in the nearly 7 years since you have joined the board (including no post regarding this incredible NYC deal... did you not think that others would want to know about a deal such as this so that they could possibly take advantage of it as well??).  Assuming you have made some additional PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE purchases in this timeframe, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit from the experience of others.

veedesign,

You had a good idea that this was a pricing error when you made the purchase and anytime you take advantage of a situation like this, there is always the risk that the deal won't go thru.  However, and to HOTWIRE's credit, rather than walk away from the deal they have been re-accommodating users at a different hotel of the same quality level... i would give them a call and see what it is they offering for your specific situation/dates.

I would also suggest keeping an open mind and base their replacement offer on the deal itself and not necessarily relative to the hotel you won.  If you don't think their replacement is sufficient you can try to negotiate with them to cancel the reservation and give you enough Hot Dollars to make a replacement purchase on your own, but my guess is that any replacement 5* hotel they offer you will likely be your best option.

Here are some additional comments i posted in the subject to another user when we first heard about the cancellation of these orders.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]