Priceline Hotel: 5* Chelsea

SRQRunner
By SRQRunner,
in

I am traveling to NYC 5/19-5/25. Staying with 2 kids and spouse. Was thinking Chelsea area so we can have access to High Line.

Any idea of the 5* hotel in Chelsea or any other ideas for hotels that would be good with kids. We plan on doing random stuff all over city. Don't want to be in Midtown.

Currently a priceline express deals for 5* Chelsea area for $372 with pets/wifi/gym/no smoking/and restaurant (if I am reading these icons correctly) and a 4.5  for $277 with pool added to the other list. Was thinking I would start with naming own price for either of these. Starting at the lowest possible then adding zones etc.

Thanks.

SRQ

The one concern about NYC is that if you do bid, there is a significant risk of ending up with one bed. NYC rooms are smaller (or much smaller) than average and two beds - when available - are often a paid upgrade (and there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to upgrade.) Additionally, some rooms - even at the 4* level - are so small that they may not be able to fit a rollaway.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (looking for a listing that has bed choice) or going to HOTWIRE (where you can indicate the amount of people in the party, which should result in appropriate - may be 2 beds or 1 + sofa/rollaway - bedding for the party or some HOTWIRE listings have bed choice) are better options for a party of four in NYC. 

Or if you are okay with the bedding risk, we would be happy to suggest how to proceed with bidding.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

On PRICELINE EXPRESS i'm currently seeing this 5* Chelsea hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) with the amenities you have listed above (Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Non Smoking) but for $312/nite (other rooms choices vary)... best guess for this one would be the Eventi.

This 4.5* Chelsea (again, confirm your dates on the landing page) with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Non Smoking for $277/nite... best guesss would be the Dream Downtown.

A 5* hotel wouldn't necessarily have larger rooms simply based upon the higher star rating... for example, a Residence Inn would typically have larger rooms than most standard 4* hotels, yet a Residence Inn would be lower rated than 4 stars.

Both of the hotels guessed above are very highly rated, so keep in mind that if you do decide to bid on PRICELINE, you may receive something other than what is currenlty offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS (and may not be as highly rated, not will you get the bed choice option, assuming that is important to you give the quad occupancy).

While the High Line is a 'neat' concept / experience and an excellent example of how something otherwise deemed as 'junk/abandoned' can be put to good use for the community... it's not something that i would plan my trip around and not likely to visit more than once (or twice if my hotel was very close to it) during a trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

59 minutes ago, SRQRunner said:

Looking at booking the Innside Nomad

At what price to ensure two beds?

If you do end up booking a regular rate hotel so you can choose the beds, it would be appreciated if you booked thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com as it helps us keep this site running as a free resource for everyone.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]