Priceline Hotel: Looking for 4.5* New York

Mel Smith
By Mel Smith,
in

Hello,

We have a trip planned 5/19 - 5/22. We are looking at the following options. Can you please help identify the hotels?

PRICELINE EXPRESS.

NYC Rockefeller Bryant Park zone

4.5*

-room rate US Dollars (Express is $229)

-amenities Pets Allowed Restaurant Free Internet Fitness Center No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Guest Score 9/10

HOTWIRE

Grand Central

4.5*

-room rate USD $227

-amenities Business centerFitness centerPet friendlyRestaurant(s)

Trip Advisor 4.5/5

We would be happy with Andaz or Sofitel. Don't particularly want Lotte or Omni Berkshire. Any ideas?

Would we be better trying bid your own 4.5* priceline to try and get ANdaz?

Very much appreciate your help!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer would be the Sofitel New York.

For the Hotwire hotel, I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

... could be a few different properties, but among them would be The Benjamin which you're hoping to avoid, so i don't think this would be a good option (when you have one of the hotels you are hoping for above for the same price)

If you bid on PRICELINE you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... so how would you plan to target only the hotel(s) that you want and avoid the hotel(s) that you don't want?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the response!

Based on your feedback it seems priceline is not a good option for me.

As for Hotwire, are you able to narrow to a few hotels or are there many options it could be?  You are correct on the additional amenities. Also, the price has increased to $253. Thanks!

The priceline express hotel now has 8/10 customer rating. I believe that opens a few more options and is unlikely to be the Sofitel?

Thanks again!

9 hours ago, Mel Smith said:

are you able to narrow to a few hotels or are there many options it could be?

What would be the point as we at least know that it's potentially one of the properties that you're hoping to avoid... so probably not a good option for you (and probably even less so with the price increase).

As the PRICELINE EXPRESS was one of the hotels you were hoping for (and i assume within your budget) why didn't you take that one when it was available... as i will point out that in the meantime the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer has changed (at least on my search) and i believe is currently showing The Royalton (Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking)

I am very familiar with NYC, if you let us know exactly what it is that you're looking for and your maximum budget we will try to find you the best option(s) that meet your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I planned to book the sofitel via priceline express, but unfortunately it had changed by the time I had received your response :( No worries. Sounds like hotwire is out as well for now.

I very much appreciate you offering your help with NYC as I am not familiar. Max budget is $300 (prefer 220-260 range if possible. Min 4.5 stars. Initially was thinking near Grand Central would be best but now am leaning towards Chelsea and near Union Square park. Location is important and would prefer larger hotel vs boutique if possible. Any ideas?

Yes, I will use your links to purchase :)

Here is some of what i'm currently seeing (confirm all dates on the landing pages) with best guess/comments below:

4.5* Rock Center for $226/nite with Pets, Business, Fitness

==> The Royalton

4.5* Midtown East for $246/nite with Business, Fitness

==> Hotel 48LEX New York

4.5* Times Square for $266/nite with Pets, Business, Restaurant, Fitness

==> Intercontinental New York Times Square

On HOTWIRE there is a 4.5* for $241/nite in the Chelsea zone with:

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Pet Friendly,

==> best guess here would be the Innside New York Nomad

Any of the above work for your needs?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes.

The New York Nomad in Chelsea would be great. I don't see for $241 though. Is it the following?

4.5* new to hotwire in chelsea area

$251

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s)

If this looks correct I'll go ahead and book. Thanks!!

3 hours ago, Mel Smith said:

4.5* new to hotwire in chelsea area

$251

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s)

I can only assume that we're seeing the same properties (amenity set is the same), but In the EASY VIEW TAB of BiddingHelper.com i'm still seeing this for $241/nite (and when i click on the offer it actually drops a few dollars more).

For the 5* are you searching using the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com and clicking the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button next to this offer, as this is what i'm seeing when using this method for the 5* offered in this zone:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

==> if this is what you're seeing, my guess for this one would be the Eventi... are you willing to pay $333/nite for a hotel for this trip?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

1 hour ago, Mel Smith said:

And he did not like the location of Nomad. Too far west.

Don't understand how that can be as the location is almost dead center of east/west of Manhattan... and a 1 block walk to Broadway (at 28th St... if you're talking about Broadway as in the 'theater' area then Union Square isn't going to get you close to that either... the Nomad is actually located between Union Square and the theater district, about 15 blocks from each)

If you book any hotel(s) direct it would be appreciated if you used our requested sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate bookings.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]