Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD North) Hilton Chicago OHare Airport

mmmagnum
By mmmagnum,
in

I did a bid of $111 as my first bid for the O'Hare Airport South area for a 4* only search.

To my surprise, I got the Hilton at the O'hare airpost, which isn't listed in the as an option.  I'm not upset, but excited because I've always wanted to try this hotel!  I was expecting the Hyatt Regency.

Just wanted to contribute and add this to the list. 

Congrats on your success.

Did you only bid for ORD South or did you bid for ORD North and South? This property has been reported to the board previously as being in the North zone and still appears to fall in the North zone on the PRICELINE map.

Also, can you confirm the date/s of travel for this stay?

Glad you are pleased with the win and are looking forward to your stay. If you are flying out of ORD, the Hilton certainly couldn't be more convenient.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Dates are 5-11-2016 through 5-14-2016

Hotel Address:O Hare International Airport
Chicago IL, 60666, United States

You're right, it is listed as Chicago Airport North zone... I thought I was fairly certain I selected ONLY the airport SOUTH area, and it was the only selected area as it was my first choice.  Is there a way to look back and check what my options were when bidding through my priceline itinerary? 

Thanks for the follow-up / confirmation.

4 hours ago, mmmagnum said:

Is there a way to look back and check what my options were when bidding through my priceline itinerary? 

Are you just curious... or does this hotel not work as well as you thought for your needs (and at this price) and if you did only select the South zone would you want to cancel this reservation?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm just curious.  I'm satisfied with the hotel since it will still be near the Train lines to get around Chicago for me.  I do not wish to cancel the reservation.  

Edit:  Now i'm more curious, if I did select the South zone, would this bid be grounds for canceling the reservation?

The Hilton is at the airport, so you can just take the Blue Line at the airport. In any other case by O'Hare you're likely having to take the shuttle to the nearest station as the area isn't real walkable. I think it's the best possible result in this zone in terms of convenience. 

Enjoy your stay.

The hotel you receive is guaranteed to be within the boundaries of the zone(s) that you selected... if it is not, then that would be grounds for cancellation (although showing/proving to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE that the zone is actually outside of the boundaries can often be more difficult then it should be)

In the past when a user challenged the zone(s) selected PRICELINE has sent a screenshot of the 'review your bid page' that was submitted.  This would be time consuming for both you and PRICELINE so unless you were hoping to cancel this reservation i would suggest not pursuing it (plus, assuming it was a wrong zone selected on your part and PRICELINE was 'right', it could potentially negatively flag your account.  Given that the system is complete automated the most likely scenario is that you clicked the wrong zone, which has happened to most experienced/frequent bidders and one time or another... fortunately for you in this instance it worked out for the best given the hotel you were received!

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]