Priceline Hotel: 3* - Midtown - 05/27 - 05/30 - $175

Arturo
By Arturo,
in

My wife and I have used PRICELINE many times here in Florida. We've always had a good experience.

This time, we are trying to Bid in NYC. 3 nights. We are trying to stay at $175.

Its Memorial Day weekend, 05/27 - 05/30

And.... its 4 of us.

I know there's no guarantees... in the past we've called the hotel a few weeks ahead and requested a double room.

We are trying to stay close to Midtown, ESB, Time Square, Union Square, maybe Chelsea....

I'm not looking for anything luxurious, just a place to sleep... but close to Midtown.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

*Btw, this website is amazing !

Welcome to Betterbidding! :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your compliments on Betterbidding, as well.

The issue with NYC is that rooms are smaller than normal (or much smaller) in many cases. When two beds are available, it's often a paid upgrade. There have been quite a few instances of users in NYC reporting that they have not been allowed to upgrade when winning a bid. You can try bidding for a party of four in NYC, but unfortunately, there is a very significant risk that you may wind up with one bed and a very small room (even at the 4* level.)  Major cities in Florida (like Orlando) are more family-friendly and two beds is rarely going to be a problem via a bidding win.

Searching for 4 adults on HOTWIRE should result in some form of bedding for the party. Some PRICELINE EXPRESS listings also offer bed choice, as do some HOTWIRE listings, although bed choice is less frequently seen on HOTWIRE.

What would be your desired star rating?

When I search on HOTWIRE for 4 adults, I'm seeing a 4.5* in Chelsea for $200 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Pet Friendly.

-- This would be a possible match for the Innside New York Nomad, which is a newer property.

While a bit above your budget, a 4.5* with quad occupancy for $200 during a busy period is a very, very good deal that I'd recommend considering.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'd be happy to answer any questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]