Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

awreezy
By awreezy,
in

First trip to NYC. Have tickets to Yankees game Friday night and Saturday day (need hotel 2 nights, 5/6/16-5/8/16), but don't plan to stay in the Bronx, so looking around MSG, TS, Midtown areas. Not very picky on hotel but hoping to not pay more than $150/night. I would prefer under $130/night. I am willing to decrease the star rating and expand the area towards wall street, if it's worth it? Any advice is appreciated. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The closest i think you will get to your target $130/nite budget is going to be this 2.5* Lower East Side hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $123/nite with a Free Internet amenity showing... best guess for this property would be the Soho Garden Hotel.

Assuming our guess is correct, the 6 train is located right around the corner from this hotel which you could take and then transfer to the 4 train which takes you to Yankee Stadium. (alternatively you could walk about 10 blocks to the 4 train so you don't need to transfer... or you could walk about 7 blocks to the B or D train which will also take you to Yankee Stadium... the 4 train is probably a few minutes shorter of a commute on the train itself)

A little higher in star rating but still below your $150 maximum is (confirm all dates on the landing pages):

3* Empire Stat Building for $139/nite with only a Pets Allowed amenity

==> best guess would be the Nh Jolly Hotel Madison Towers

4* Downtown - Wall St for $147/nite with Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Business

==> Club Quarters Wall Street

Any interest in any of the above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take one of the above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to wait until closer to our trip because it seemed like prices were trending down...or I was hoping they would. 

Booked a room tonight through Priceline - got "4*-Express Deal Hotel for $98/night". I won Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on your success.

Excellent win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]