Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle Downtown - Help ID properties

hon_circler
By hon_circler,
in

For my second to last stop on the west coast this summer I am trying to identify some properties in Seattle Downtown, but since rates in Seattle are ridiculously high I want to make as sure as possible to know what I am booking before I do so.

Off topic: I have just noticed that forwarding to hotwire through biddinghelper.com only works when I am using a VPN with a US-IP address. 

Could you please share your thoughts concerning the following properties:

$ 259 - Downtown - Queen Anne, Belltown, Seattle Center, Space Needle - 95% Recommended

Amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

-> my best guess would be the Hotel Andra - do you see chances for a different property? EDIT: After reviewing the hotel list, it may sound more like the Edgewater, would you agree?

$ 271 - Downtown Convention Center - 65% Recommended

Amenities: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

-> I thought it could be the Motif, which I am confused about since other sites rate it rather as a 3-3.5* property. Would you in general worry about the rather poor recommendation level?

$ 277 - Downtown - Pike Place, Stadiums, Financial District - 90% Recommended

Amenities: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

-> Does it sound like the Silver Cloud Inn Stadium?

the last somewhat affordable one I left out so far since I am not sure about the quality of the location (proximity to the waterfront) and don't have a guess:

$ 268 - Downtown - Convention Center NE - Capitol Hill - 80% Recomennded

Amenities: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Any help, thoughts or recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Best guess/comments for each:

$ 259 - Downtown - Queen Anne, Belltown, Seattle Center, Space Needle - 95% Recommended

==> Hotel Andra (it's very likely NOT the Edgewater)

$ 271 - Downtown Convention Center - 65% Recommended

==> Motiff Seattle (you can see HERE that PRICELINE rates this property 4 stars as well)

$ 277 - Downtown - Pike Place, Stadiums, Financial District - 90% Recommended

==> Silver Cloud Inn Stadium

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it! Seems like my guesses weren't that wrong after all, I also tended towards guessing the Andra, but the hotel list suggested only either the Edgewater or the Marriott Waterfront as 4* properties in that area, that's why I got confused. Glad to hear you share my first guess. Given that the Andra is only $263.20 for a regular rate on PRICELINE, i.e. cheaper after fees and taxes this wouldn't make a great deal in my opinion. 

Thanks for checking the motif also on PRICELINE, I just saw on some other search engines that it got rated 3-3.5* stars only, and the low recommendation rate doesn't seem too attractive either... :-/

Do you also have a guess for the $268 property by any chance? Since I am not really convinced by the other offers so far, I might either go for that one or book some refundable rate most likely through Priceline or MAPS and HOTELS.com just to be on the safe side for now and hope rates may drop in the coming weeks. Does anyone have an opinion on the likeliness of that to happen?

The Downtown - Convention Center NE - Capitol Hill might be The Sorrento Hotel.

If you decide to wait you can use RefundableRates.com to see your best options (on a refundable or non-refundable basis) in the areas that are of interest.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your help once again. I just wanted to share a follow up with you. Since rates were enormously high I decided to drive down to Portland and visit a friend, if rates do not go down significantly in the mean time. If plans change I will of course let you know which properties I got in the end, thanks a lot again, this site helped me so much for my stops in SFO and Vancouver, I will definitely return when it comes to my next hotel bookings. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]