Hotwire Hotel: Searching for info on these Times Square options...

jenward74
By jenward74,
in

Any info on these hotels would be loved, adored and appreciated!  :)

DATES:   8/23/16 - 8/25/16

$152   4*   Times Square South

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Wheelchair accessible

$154   4* Times Square South

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

$165   4* Times Square South

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

$165  4.5* Times Square South                  

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

Thank you so much for this site, it's a great $$$ saver!!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

1 hour ago, jenward74 said:

Thank you so much for this site, it's a great $$$ saver!!

We're glad to hear you enjoy the site, but assuming you have made any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases in the 2+ years since joining it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit from those who have posted before you.:wink:

I am very familiar with NYC... if you let us know what it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip, as well as your maximum budget per nite (before taxes/fees), we can save time by suggesting the best options that meet your criteria.

Is the Times Square South the only acceptable zone for this trip? (if so, why this zone??)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll be glad to share any deals I get in the future!  :)  I would prefer to stick to the Times Square or Midtown vicinity because I am taking a friend who has never been to NYC and I know she will enjoy the area. So TSN or TSS, Midtown East, or Central Park South would all work if the price was right.  I would prefer to keep under $200 for a 4* to 5* hotel.

4.5* TSS Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet $165

-- Likely Premier

4* TSS Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower $165

--- Millennium Broadway, most likely

4* TSS Boutique, Restaurant, Hi-Speed Internet, Wheelchair Accessible $152

-- ? Not yet ID'd/reported.

4.5* TSN - Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet $197

-- Common amenities, but the Michelangelo has been seen with this amenity set, so that would be my guess.

4* TSN Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower $170

-- Not yet ID'd, but I'd guess perhaps the Hotel Manhattan at TS has been upgraded to 4* since last reported.

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

How about:
Although not in the zones you mention, the following are generally considered to be centrally located and get great reviews:

5* Chelsea for $204/nite with:

Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center

==> best guess would be The NoMad Hotel

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $192/nite with:

Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center

==> Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York would be my guess here

Let us know what you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Our trip is drawing nearer and still I haven't booked.  I've been waiting to see how prices changed.  I am ready to book now, and since these things change regularly, could one of you please give me some much-appreciated information on the following?

5* Times Square North:  $194.00     FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

5* Central Park South:  $217.00       FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* Central park South   $162.00        FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Have you checked the Hotwire Hotel List for any matches??

Best guess/comments for each:

5* Times Square North:  $194.00

==> Westhouse Hotel New York

5* Central Park South:  $217.00

==> Viceroy New York

4* Central park South   $162.00

==> not certain, but if you're considering 5* hotels for this trip do you really want a hotel with only a 3.5/5.0 TA rating?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]