Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Theater District) The Buckingham Hotel

DDBINC
By DDBINC,
in

3.5  Navy Pier - Millennium Park area hotel 90% recommended -Favorite 30% off- Dates-Sept.17-20 2016

Amenities  shown -Business center,Fitness center,Internet access,Pool(s)Restaurant(s)

Room Choice- 

Hotel selects bed

$154per night

2 queen beds

$154per night

1 king bed

$166per night

1 king and 1 sofa bed

$169per night

Reviews

4 out of 5

(2001+ reviews)

Hotwire customer reviews

90%

recommended

(933 total reviews)

Would likely be the Doubletree Mag Mile.

Unfortunately, rates are high for these dates. I'm very familiar with the area - if you let me know what you're looking for and desired budget I'd be happy to offer suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

21 hours ago, AaronJB said:

Would likely be the Doubletree Mag Mile.

Unfortunately, rates are high for these dates. I'm very familiar with the area - if you let me know what you're looking for and desired budget I'd be happy to offer suggestions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the prompt reply Aaron.  Rooms are indeed pretty high compared to usual for those dates. Not really sure why. No Bears game or anything like that as far as I can tell. I've stayed at that hotel before and it was very good. My wife prefers a suite if possible. Would the room with the King and Sofa Bed be a suite? As far as suggestions I'd be interested in anything with a king bed and normal amenities in or near the Mag Mile.

Regards

DDBINC

The issue with suites and the discount services in Chicago is that there are not that many all-suite (Embassy, Residence, Homewood) hotels in the city and the ones that there are are seen rarely as wins. HOTWIRE and PRICELINE offer (with some exceptions when bed choice is available) non-upgraded rooms. The sofa bed room at the Doubletree is a city view/corner room. 

I see what appears to be a suite on PRICELINE EXPRESS at the Best Western River North for $219, but it becomes is a suite at the BW River North is worth over $60 more than the potential Doubletree? If so, please let us know and we would be happy to point out which listing is which.  A suite at the MileNorth is $245 on sale regular rate on PRICELINE. That would be a very nice hotel, great location and a suite, but would also be starting to get towards nearly $100 more than the D'tree.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

On 4/22/2016 at 7:43 PM, AaronJB said:

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions/change dates.

Looking out at Hotwire and I see a 3.5 star in The Loop/ Theater District area. Thinking it is likely a match for  Buckingham Athletic Club

Can you help with Identifying?

$126 a night. 

Amenities

Hotel details

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Fitness center, Indoor pool(s)Pool(s)Restaurant(s)

Room Choice

Hotel chooses bed type

Details

$126 per night

Current selection

1 king bed

Details

$0 (No Extra Cost)

$126 per night

This is certainly a new listing that has not yet been ID'd/reported. It may be something else, but guesses would be either the Buckingham or possibly the new Soho House Hotel. In any case, the listing is showing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page, so the underlying hotel certainly does get excellent reviews. Additionally, given what prices look like on these dates, a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rated hotel at less than most of what else is available downtown is certainly appealing. 

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have any questions before booking.

AaronJB is the expert in this area but i'm fairly certain this is NOT the Soho House... which would leave the Buckingham at the better guess of the two.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Great to see that this property is actually on HOTWIRE, as it is unique in that - given the location - rooms often have some really terrific views. In fact, I think that a number of the rooms here probably have some of the best views of any hotel in the city. There are a number of example pictures of the views in the photo gallery on the tripadvisor page for the hotel. I believe guests also get use of the extensive athletic club, too.

Thank you for letting us know about this new HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]