Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Diego (Sea World - Mission Bay - Shelter Island) Best Western Mission Bay

kev1mike
By kev1mike,
in

this sounds like good deal for 3 1/2 star but I am not familiar with San Diego. any thoughts or suggestions? any idea which hotel this is? we need two beds so I have not been looking at Priceline

3 1/2 star

San Diego Mission Valley Hotel Circle

$88 per night + Resort fee of $17 per night

5/7/16 - 5/11/16

FULL AMENITIES:

Resort

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

Spa services

Accessible for visually impaired

Accessible for hearing impaired

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Accessible parking 

Roll-in shower

Best guess for the one above would be the Town and Country Resort.

HOWEVER, note that this property is showing a very low 35% recommendation by previous guests, so i would proceed cautiously.

Other than 2 beds, what are your needs for this trip?  What is your maximum budget? (per nite before fees/taxes)  What plans do you have in San Diego so we can consider other nearby zones?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I would like to be under $100 per night and our needs are simple - clean room and internet. Currently our only definite is a Padres games but probably will do Zoo, Old Town, Balboa park. Still investigating our options.  I will definitely use the links on the board when I book.

Do you need two beds because you are more than double occupancy OR only two people traveling but don't want to sleep in the same bed?

How many adults/children in your group?  Is a pullout sofabed acceptable as the second bed?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With your needs so wide-open, what made you choose the original hotel above? (with the poor rating)

When searching for 3adults the best 'bang for your buck' in my opinion would be a 3.5* in the SeaWorld-Mission Bay zone that is just a little over your budget at $115/nite with the following amenities (from the EASY VIEW TAB of BiddingHelper.com):

Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

--> my guess here would be the Bahia Resort which looks to get very good reviews

Does this work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

Went with a 2.5* in the Mission bay zone and got the Best Western:

Amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Pool

Internet Access

Free Breakfast

Pet Friendly

Fitness Center

Business Center

Accessibility:

Accessible for Visually Impaired

Accessible for Path of travel

Accessible Bathroom

Roll-in Shower

Accessible for Hearin Impaired

Accessible Parking

In room Accessibility

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add the new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List..

When reporting your wins In the future please use the "ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN" button on the top right of your thread which will enable you to edit the topic title to reflect your purchase as well as provide the details of your purchase.

Please also update your threads with your wins/decisions as you receive them so that the information can help others in a timely manner.

Can you confirm if there were any additional amenities (including any accessible amenities) associated with this property when you view this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS section on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]