Hotwire Hotel: 5* London (Bloomsbury - St. Pancras Station - British Museum) Grange Holborn

aa777
By aa777,
in

Amenities: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services.

Overall property is terrible and really should be rated as three stars even under Hotwire's standards. Fixtures and furnishings are torn and in need of replacement, beds are rock hard, room was not clean.  I was extremely angry nor has Hotwire rectified my concerns, and denied me the opportunity to get a refund after seeing this dump

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay at this property, but most do rate this property 5 stars.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

If you have used PRICELINE or HOTWIRE in the 7+ years since your last reported win it would be appreciated if you started to share all your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your future stays are more to your liking.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

17 hours ago, aa777 said:

Overall property is terrible and really should be rated as three stars even under Hotwire's standards. Fixtures and furnishings are torn and in need of replacement, beds are rock hard, room was not clean.  I was extremely angry nor has Hotwire rectified my concerns, and denied me the opportunity to get a refund after seeing this dump

I hope that in addition to your complaint directly to HOTWIRE you also filled out their actual review?  That process can help change Hotwire's ratings and give future bidders a warning as to what they may encounter.  

Thanks for the

thereuare, yes my apologies for the long hiatus in posting.  I have a few deals from late 2015, at this point would there be value in adding them to the forum?  Will continue to use the links and report all my stays from here on

romelle,  yes I completed the Hotwire survery, and have submitted a lengthy written complaint to Hotwire. The issue is they say the property made **some** attempt to rectify the situation by moving me to another room, however it really wasn't any different and was similarly unclean, worn and torn.  What was most frustrating is the duty manager kept saying I should have taken the time to research his property, however that's not possible with a Hotrate booking.  Called Hotwire about four times during the stay to say that the property was inconsistent with their standards and my experience at other 5* Hotwire properties, asking simply to leave and get a refund which they refuse.  Will keep you all posted, but before I felt I could trust Hotwire's ratings for 4* and 5* properties however this one really needs to be re-evaluated.  My last Hotrate 5* in London was at the Intercontinental Park Lane.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]