Priceline Hotel: 4.5* (SOMA) Mascone Center/Embarcadero-Which hotels?

_phil_nthblank
By _phil_nthblank,
in

I'm looking at two 4.5* Hotels- One in the Mascone Center Area of SF, and the other one in Embarcadero Area for 05/07-05/13

Embarcadero Area has: Pets, Business Center, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, and exercise area

SOMA Mascone Center Area has: Pets, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, and exercise area

Any idea which hotels these are? 

I'd prefer something with free in-room Wifi. 

Thinking about bidding if you have suggestions for getting a better room. 

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

9 minutes ago, _phil_nthblank said:

Thinking about bidding if you have suggestions for getting a better room. 

Are you hoping for a better room or a better hotel... or both?

if you bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.  With PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE, you can take a guess as to the hotel being offered as well as know a little more about the hotel (reviews, amenities, etc).  Bidding on PRICELINE is usually the cheapest way to book, the other two are slightly more, but you have the benefit of taking a guess as to what you may receiving, 'choosing' a hotel that has good reviews, ensuring the amenities you want, etc.

So what is more important to you for this trip... the lowest price OR having a guess as to what you may receive beforehand?

If looking at the two hotels above, what is the room rate per nite of each?  What is your maximum budget (per room per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?  I see you also mention that you'd like free in-room internet, but neither of the hotels above list this as an amenity... so is free internet a need or a want?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Based upon the above let us know how you'd like to proceed, and the information asked above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply! Very helpful. 

My budget is keeping me within a 250/night (after taxes and all).

On Priceline Express the two offered are $226/night and $267/night.

Upon looking at them further, the $226/night is only for a room with Two Double beds, and the price jumps up too high to choose a queen or king (a requirement for this trip). 

So my main need is a Queen or King sized bed in a 4.5* hotel or up. I can make due without free wifi. 

Think this is possible within my budget? 

2 hours ago, _phil_nthblank said:

So my main need is a Queen or King sized bed

There is no way to guarantee a Queen or King sized bed when bidding on PRICELINE... you will need to use PRICELINE EXPRESS where an offer shows a 'Bed Choice', or a HOTWIRE offer where after clicking the offer the next page shows 'Choose Room' under the price, where one of the options offered is a room configuration that will accommodate your needs.

Do you see any with a room choice option that will meet your needs and is within your desired star rating, budget, and zone?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]