Priceline Hotel: *4 NY city 6/30-7/3

tnh113
By tnh113,
in

What shoud I expect to pay a night for a hotel in the city and what is the best area to stay.  I'm looking at both priceline and hotwire and there will be three of us in one room. I want 3.5* or better.  Should I name my own price? Any advice would be greatly appreciated  this will be my first and most likely only trip to NYC. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, and while it may not be too difficult in some family-friendly areas (such as Olrando) to get a room with two beds just by asking, in other areas (such as NYC) where space is at a premium, hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, and where rooms with two beds often cost extra... booking for double occupancy for 3/4 people can be a risk.

Assuming this is not a risk you're willing to accept, bidding on PRICELINE won't be an option... but you can search HOTWIRE for up to quad occupancy OR use PRICELINE EXPRESS if a hotel shows a 'bed choice' and one of those choices is a room that will accommodate your needs for three (technically the PRICELINE EXPRESS purchase will still be for double occupancy, but if you book a standard room type that will accommodate your needs, i wouldn't expect any issues and i would consider this to be a very small risk, but one that you would need to accept nonetheless))

To confirm, are you looking for a room for 3adults? (or are any children in your group)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes it is for three adults so I would need 2 beds. Thanks for the info. If I'm not able to use name your own price what should I expect to pay? I'm tryig to stay between $100-150 is this doable? What areas are safe if we choose to look outside the city like Bronx and what not.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Triple occupancy in NYC i'm seeing what i believe to be:

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side for $146/nite

Bentley Hotel for $164/nite

The Gregory for $174/nite

The Lexington New York City for $181/nite

I will also add that if you're willing to book for 2adults/1child (don't have the 3rd adult with you at check-in OR one of your kids was going to come along but had a school event at the last minute so you invited a friend who always wanted to visit NYC to join you since you had the extra space in the room OR etc, etc) i'm also seeing what looks to be:

The Westin New York Grand Central for $153/nite

Would any of the above be worth an extra $5-$10/person per nite to stay directly in Manhattan and not need to commute in each day? (i would suggest that the convenience and experience of staying directly in Manhattan is worth the extra expense, but you know your budget and those you're traveling with better than we do)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, these are on HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE EXPRESS, i would need to double check which one(s) were thru which site)... are you willing to book for 2adults/1child? (which would be needed if booking the Westin)

If you're ready to move forward with a purchase let us know which one you would like to try to target and we will advise accordingly.

If you search the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com for 3adults there is a 3.5* Upper East Side hotel offered for $146/nite with:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Pool

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side (which i will note is about a 13-15 minute walk to the subway)

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]