Priceline Hotel: 2.5* New York City (Lower East Side - Chinatown) Howard Johnson Manhattan Soho

plion
By plion,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above would be the McCarren Hotel and Pool.

This hotel is 5 blocks from the L Train which will take you along 14th St in Manhattan (and you can get off at any of the stops along 14th St as the train heads crosstown).

If your budget allows i would sooner recommend staying directly in Manhattan, but if you're already at the high end of your budget, this is certainly do-able (although i will also add that with Greenpoint/Williamsburg taking off over the last 10 years, the L train can get very crowded during peak times)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you go for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above let us know how it goes, or let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly (i'm very familiar with the NYC area)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How about:
The Paul for $166/nite (this is a fairly new hotel so i don't know that much about it, reviews are good except for the (typical for NYC) small rooms and thin walls

Millenium Broadway for $165/nite (far from my favorite NYC hotel, but for about the same price, better than staying out in Brooklyn, imo)

Hotel Mela Times Square for $181/nite (little pricier than those above but a bit nicer too)

Any of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What is the star rating of the UWS hotel above and the complete amenity set when using the EASY VIEW TAB of BiddingHelper.com?

HOWEVER... do you really want to stay in a hotel where only half the people who received a discounted rate would recommend it?

There are some excellent hotels in NYC, as well as some really bad ones.  You don't have to spend a fortune and stay in the penthouse of a 5* property... but you should pick something that has acceptable reviews.  My suggestion would be to look for the best value... not necessarily the hotel with the lowest price (if that hotel has poor reviews).

Using the EASY VIEW TAB of BiddingHelper.com and clicking the GREEN 'FULL AMENITIES CLICK HERE' button you don't see:

Free Internet

Boutique

Hi-Speed Internet

If the above is what you do see, my guess for this one would be the Marrakech Hotel.  If we are correct i don't think this far north is the best option for a typical tourist and the 50% recommendation is a red flag (maybe if this percentage was based upon only a handful of reviews, but after 99 reported reviews to have such a low rating is a red flag)... but it's your money and your trip so you're of course more then welcome to choose this option if you'd like, but i don't see a reason to pick a hotel with such low ratings unless you have to and there are no other options, which doesn't appear to be the case here.

A new 4* offer has appeared in the Times Square-MTW zone for $154/nite with (again, you'll need to use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the green button at BiddingHelper.com to see them all):

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... guess here would be the Yotel - Times Square which has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating.

So if not this one, or one of the others mentioned in my previous post (which i haven't looked to see if they are still avaialble), why not any of these... if we know what it is about any of these that you don't like we can try to find something that works for your needs (while also making sure you avoid any potential pitfalls)

• 9 months later...

Thank you for closing this thread and sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]