Priceline Hotel: 2* Boston (Quincy - Braintree) Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree

LWQuestie
By LWQuestie,
in

Bid 2* yesterday for $70; offered immediate rebid to raise $33 to $103.

Bid 2.5* today for $73; offered immediate rebid to raise $45 to $118.

Express Deals has the following:

1* - $71

2* - $94

2.5* - $109

Priceline regular hotel listings:

1* - Extended Stay America - $122

2* - Candlewood Suites - $118

2.5* - Holiday Inn Express - $123

Hotwire:

2* - $98 (All Suites)

2.5* $81

3* $108

This is one of the worst searching regions I've ever researched; no free rebid zones!  I want to stay in Braintree, and I'm nervous of using Hotwire because the zone seems to include more towns.  I think I'll try to split the difference on the 2* today and bid $88.  I'm hoping for the Candlewood; nice to have some kitchen facilities available.

I always use the PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start my purchases and searches!
You should, too!

What is your maximum budget at each star level?

My guess for the 2.5* on HOTWIRE is the Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, which i'm assuming is in the location you'd like, and is priced lower than you're about to bid, but note it does have a lower 2.5/5.0 TA rating.

If you're hoping for the Candlewood i believe that is this 2 star Quincy-Braintree hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) offered for $94/nite with Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Free Parking, Business Center, Fitness Center... perhpas it's worth paying an extra $6/nite to target what you're hoping for rather than roll the dice?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip and how it goes.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help!  Why niggle over $6?  LOL, because I'm a New Englander!  :wink:

About that Extended Stay America - it's listed as a 1* on Priceline in the actual named hotel listings.  I know Hotwire is a bit more generous with the star ratings, but I didn't think it would be so much more generous.

I'm just looking to keep it under $100 a night.  Any extra savings is an extra glass of wine, my friend!

And I always use the links, when researching and booking.

You should, too!

FYI - you now can bid every 2 hours.  And you could work two streams at once every 2 hours, the 2* and the 2.5*, if you started with the 2.5*.  For your second bid, you can do the 2*, lowering the dollar amount appropriately.

A hypothetical example:

Hour 0     2.5* - $50

2* - $40

Hour 2     2.5* - $55

2* - $45

Etc.

Just make sure you start a full 2 hours from the LAST thing you did.

I drink wine too.  Earned the hard way sometimes.  :biggrin:

Romelle

If they are showing a counter-offer at $102, the required price is somewhere between $76 and $102. I'd go $79, $81, $84, $86, $89, $91. Hopefully you won't have to go that high.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Candlewood Suites Boston-Braintree 2 out of 5 star Hotel

Check-in: Tue, Mar 29, 2016 - After 03:00 PM

Check-out: Mon, Apr 4, 2016 - 12:00 PM Add a night to your reservation  Book again

Address: 235 Wood Rd, Braintree , MA

Amenities:

Free Internet (in Room)

Free Parking

Pet Friendly

Gym

Handicap Accessible

Business Center

See all amenities

Room type:

Room Assigned On Check-In

Offer price:$91.00/night

Number of rooms:1 room

Number of nights:6 nights

Room subtotal:$546.00

Taxes & fees:$99.36

Total charged today:$645.36

Total charged: $645.36

Savings:You saved 23%*

You should, too!
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]