Hotwire Hotel: Target Price for 4* South Beach and Key West Old Town in May

willman42
By willman42,
in

Hello all,

I just want some feedback on what price range I'm looking at for a 4* hotel in South Beach (prefer either Collins Ave or Ocean Dr), as well as a 4* in Key West - Old Town (definitely not New Town) in May. I'm hoping May is considered off-peak at most places. I can't find any historical wins for these areas, but if that data is available somewhere please point me in the right direction. 

Thanks,

William

To get you started BetterBidding has developed two tools to help you research this:

1) Priceline Maps

- enter your search location

- after the results fill find the filter box with the calendar information

- checkmark only the month of MAY

- you can then also filter to only show zones/hotels in the zones that you want to view

===> next to each hotel in the list will be an upper/lower price range for wins that have taken place in the month of May.  Click the VIEW link to see links back to the individual wins for that hotel

(pretty cool stuff, huh! :wink: )

NOTE: there will likely be much less information regarding Key West vs. South Beach as Key West is notoriously an expensive area and deep discounts there are seldom seen (so much so that users often look elsewhere)

2) Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins

Search for any 2 week date range (and don't forget previous years for historical reference) and see wins reported to the board in any region or zone

Of course, keep in mind that rates are also date specific, and can differ greatly from one date in May to another date in May... if your dates/plans are firm let us know your travel period, desired star rating, acceptable zones, expected budget, and we'll have a look to see what is likely and/or if you're in the right ballpark or not.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin you

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks!

Just want to first note that the "Priceline Maps" link at Step 1 is broken (says page not found) :)

Ok so I'll just let you know my criteria (not having luck finding much data using the other resources...).

Dates: Miami 5/7 - 5/8, Key West 5/9 - 5/11

Desired Rating: 3.5* - 4*

Zones: Miami South Beach (Collins or Ocean Drive), Key West (Old Town)

Budget: Hopefully <$200/night, at least for Miami. What should I expect for Key West?

Also, will I inevitably face resort fees for any hotel I get in South Florida, even if it's not a "resort?"

Thanks in advance,

William

2 hours ago, willman42 said:

Just want to first note that the "Priceline Maps" link at Step 1 is broken

Sorry about that... i have FIXED the link above. (and posted here again for easy access: Priceline Maps)

Please use separate threads for each trip so that the topic title of each can be used to reflect what was ultimately done for each stay (as well as have links for each to appear in the Priceline Maps and Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins).  We will use this thread for the Miami leg of your trip, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Key West leg of your trip.

For Miami i'm seeing (confirm dates on the landing page):

4* South Beach Collins Ave Oceanfront for $169/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Non Smoking

==> my guess here would be The National Hotel

3.5* South Beach Ocean Drive for $180/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, Non Smoking

==> Breakwater Hotel South Beach would be my guess for this one

Both of these are within your budget, even after including the resort fee, which you would need to pay regardless of how you book (unfortunately more and more hotels are starting to charge these fees).  Do either of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

Sorry, I forgot to reply with what I decided on.

I didn't use Priceline or Hotwire for these stays. For some reason at the time, I wanted to stay at 2 specific places and wasn't willing to take the gamble on a hotel. I can't for the life of me remember why- I LOVE the adventure and excitement (and savings!) of bidding on hotels.... 

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

When you are only looking for a specific hotel, please include this in your original post, as it's often much easier for us to confirm that something is not the hotel that you are looking for rather than continue to research in order to try to determine what it is.

Also, it would be appreciated if you used our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases, when PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs.

Hope you enjoyed your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]