Hotwire Hotel: Help with Nice, France- April 14. 3 or 4*

sabs
By sabs,
in

Looking for a one night stay in Nice close to the center.

Havent booked in awhile on Hotwire but noticing that they show what the last person got. Is that pretty accurate?

I'm seeing

Modern Art Museum - Place Masséna - Beachfront area hotel 4* 95$ hot rate hotel

Free Internet

Pet friendly

"Last person got B4 Hotel"

then also confusingly

Modern Art Museum - Place Masséna - Beachfront area hotel 4* 83$ hot rate hotel

Free Internet

Pet friendly

The last person got the B4 Nice Park

different prices for the same property??

Promenade des Anglais area hotel 3* 67$ hot rate hotel

Complimentary

Free Internet

Pet friendly

In-room accessibilityAccessible bathroom

The last person got the Locarno

thoughts? help? suggestions?

thanks in advance (and for this amazing forum )

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Barcelona and Priceline Chicago thread with whatever you decided to do for each of those trips, then reply here and we will have a look at your post above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

6 hours ago, sabs said:

Did not ultimately end up using these sites after the last reply 

When closing your threads it's more helpful to other if you post what you did do for the stay... not just what you didn't do.

For the hotels above, if you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool, and click the GREEN 'See all amenities' button, are there more than what you have included above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm a long time member, not a board official, but I hope you reconsider going elsewhere.

You mentioned "last person got" in your first post.  No, that is not a good predictor of what you might get.  Just something Hotwire posts that is best ignored.

HOWEVER, if you go through that EASY VIEW TAB on Biddinghelper and pick up the full amenities, the "educated guess" you get from the experts here is an excellent predictor of what you might get.  

The policy about having people close out prior requests with fuller information is very firm for good reasons.  The information provided by the users of PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE is part of the data base that allows the above "educated guesses" to be so accurate.  It also goes into the Calendar of Wins and provides information for other bidders.  And even if one didn't go through those venues, the end of the story can be helpful for other members here.  I once struggled with Key West bidding for a long time.  Very expensive dates.   Eventually gave up and stumbled upon a rather odd property after an extensive search elsewhere on the web.  I posted that property to save the next person here from my web search.  Posting both the goods and bads about the property so they wouldn't have to take the risk I had taken.

If you are having trouble using one of the tools, you'll find the moderators here extremely patient with talking you through the process.  Some of the  tools are admittedly a little tricky, but that is because they are so powerful when you get the hang of them.  

Nice - wonderful place for a visit.  Don't miss the very colorful local farmer's market, for both strolling and eating.  And if you want to go further afield, public buses run all along the boardwalk and in either direction take you to a number of small towns/cities.  It has been a while since I was there, but the fare was just one Euro.  Trains are good also, with Monaco being just a nice scenic ride away.

When you first posted, I looked at the Nice map to see where the hotels were situated.  The single Priceline zone is admittedly long, but it is spread all along the water and for most hotels one would just have a nice stroll along the promenade.   I did see a Novotel up the hill that would be a possibility though.  HOTWIRE has 4 separate zones that would let you have a little more control over where you landed.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]