Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (University City) Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel

nw2this
By nw2this,
in

On Priceline name your own price, I see open check boxes for 2 and  2.5 star hotels in University City, but I don't think there are any hotels with these ratings in this neighborhood.  In fact I think there are only 3 hotels in the area, the Hilton (4*), the Sheraton (3.5*), and the Homewood Suites (3*).  Could these be the B&Bs or youth hostels in the area?  Thank you.  

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Orlando Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

2 hours ago, nw2this said:

Did not use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE for this stay.

When concluding your threads it would be appreciated if you indicate what you did do for the trip... not just what you didn't do (even if what you did do was cancel the trip, booked a regular rate hotel, etc)

There are exceptions to every rule, but It's doubtful that you would receive a B&B or a hostel when bidding on PRICELINE.  In some zones with only higher rated hotels available, PRICELINE could allow lower zone bidding to give more opportunities to bid and to win a hotel (with lower star bids being upgraded to a higher star rated hotel)... i suspect that is the case here, OR there could be a few hotels in the area that you perhaps didn't consider.

Do you have an upcoming trip to this area?  What are your dates of travel?  What type of hotel are you seeking and is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I do have an upcoming trip.  I will use Priceline and your PRICELINE links.  My dates are March 30 to April 2.  I would really like the Sheraton University City.  I plan to bid tonight.  There is a 3.5 star express deal for $97 that I suspect is the Sheraton which comes out to $357 with taxes.  I'd really like it it be $300 with taxes because I have to pay for parking as well.  

Not sure if your $300 all-in (about $85/nite bid price) will be enough, but if you want to give it a try, you can do so as follows:

When bidding 3.5* in Philadelphia you have FOUR re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* University...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

NOTE: do keep in mind that your 3.5* bid could be upgraded to a 4* rated hotel, which if you're hoping to target the 3.5* Sheraton, at some point taking the PRICELINE EXPRESS may be the better option if that works better for your plans than the 4* Hilton

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure I will continue with priceline, If I do I will try tomorrow for a 2* or 2.5* at the same price, although I don't believe there are any in that neighborhood.  

If I don't I'll give up staying in town and book something further out with free parking using transparent booking.

I'll let you know.  Thanks. 

If you do end up with a 'transparent' booking, please purchase thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (which the interface there will give you an excellent overview of the area and easily able to compare rates that are higher/lower in star rating or closer/further to your ideal location; it really does make the decision process easier by visually being able to see star rating and prices on the map.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]