Priceline Hotel: There are only 3 five star hotels, will it definitely be one of them?

jamesyp21
By jamesyp21,
in

I'm looking at booking Amalfi in April and there are 3 five star hotels listed. I like all of them, but they are out of my budget unless I book through Priceline (amazing!). They all offer free parking, but will I get one of these or some other alternative if I get a good bid in on Priceline?

Thanks in advance,

James

Welcome to BetterBidding!

4 hours ago, jamesyp21 said:

there are 3 five star hotels listed.

Listed where?  If you're referring to the retail side of PRICELINE, "no", you can't assume that the hotels showing on the retail side of their site is the complete universe of hotels and that a winning bid will be one of the listings that appears there.

Are your plans firm and are you ready to book now?  If so, what are the dates of your stay and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for a 5* hotel?  Is PRICELINE's 'Amalfi' zone the only one that is acceptable or is staying in the Ravello-Minori-Maiori zone acceptable as well?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for the response.

I was referring to the retail site. That's a shame. I need private parking as am in a hire car so don't want to take the risk of leaving a hire car on a street in Italy! The other areas would be fine as well, but I guess I would have the same issue.

Thanks!

Have you looked at what is available via Hotwire and Priceline Express?  Those deals show the amenities, and Parking could be one of them.  

An easy way to reach both of them is via QuickQuote up in the left hand corner.  

Lots of options show up on Hotwire.  You can select on "Free Parking" amenity to thin them down.

Romelle

I don't know this area, but even if the hotel doesn't offer parking (i would think most hotels do), wouldn't there likely be private garages nearby where you could leave your rental car? (or just pay for the insurance offered by the rental company :wink:)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of info if you haven't been Amalfi before...

Driving and parking around the Amalfi coast can be treacherous. Free parking would be really useful if stopping in Amalfi zone on Priceline as otherwise you'll risk other drivers bumping your rental car when parking. Trust me I have seen locals nudge their way into spaces too small for their cars through force. 

Ravello, Minori and Maiori are all beautiful too. If you don't stop there I would recommend you visit. Staying in this zone would probably mean you will be driving into Amalfi to visit, then parking could be difficult (depending upon where you are going). 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]