Priceline Hotel: Double Occupancy

tedster123
By tedster123,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

PRICELINE bidding has a max of double occupancy. You can request bedding for more than 2 people, but the hotel may say no. 1 person is no problem, the issue becomes (especially in some cities) 4 people.

If you need help with your stay, please provide the details of the trip (date/s of travel, desired location, star rating and budget) and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

A single person can definitely use PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE... the hotel doesn't care of you show up with fewer than in your reservation.

By stating that rooms are for double occupancy, they're trying to avoid a situation where you are assigned a room with only one bed but have shown up with 3-4 people.

What is your expected/target budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks guys that clears it up, so the costs shown are per room rather than per person?

I am willing to spend what I need to stay in decent hotel near by the Mandalay Bay,

problem is don't know how much that is,

I stayed at the New York on my previous trip, rooms were fine but the food was awful, bought room as part of a package so didn't see cost,

What is your advice, I see that there are lots of clever ways to game the system like selecting areas with very specific stars or amenities to get the hotel you want,

Whats reasonable $100 a night, or is that on low side?

Yes, the costs are per room, rather than per person.

Rates are particularly date-specific in Las Vegas.  Just to give you a benchmark, I used QuickQuote (above left) for your dates.  In Hotwire, for a South Strip 4* (the area in which Mandalay Bay is), there are three choices - $93, $91, and $84.  Of course one has to add in the Hotwire fees and taxes, plus resort fees at the hotel.  With a tighter budget, there also is a 3.5* at $59.  

"Near by" Mandalay is subjective, but the South Strip isn't a particularly large zone, so one can't get REALLY far away from anything in it.  It is a little over a mile in one direction, and less than that in the other.  

I didn't look at Priceline Express, but there undoubtedly are offers there also.

If you look over the Hotwire and Priceline Express possibilities and see something you like, you can post back with the details - date, rate, area, and amenities.   The experts here can give you an educated guess as to what hotel you might get.  

With Priceline bidding, you have to accept anything in the zone at or above the star level you bid.    At the moment there are 6 Priceline zones that don't have 4* or higher bidding.  If you want to try bidding the zone you want, these are available for giving you additional bids.  As a general rule, one can do a little better with bidding, but one gives up the educated guess as to what you'll be getting (Priceline Express and Hotwire).

Thanks Romelle for going to the trouble, having internal fight in my head between having something great and cheap, something great edging ahead,

With Priceline express for those dates have 1 4.5 star and 1 5 star,

5 star has pets allowed, Business Centre, Free Internet, indoor and outdoor pool and Fintness centre and $143, guessing taxes and fees on top?

4.5 star is $146 has Fintness centre, indoor and outdoor pool and Free parking

For Hotwire 5 star is $274 so too high no 4.5 stars 

have selected south strip only 

6 hours ago, tedster123 said:

Thanks Romelle for going to the trouble, having internal fight in my head between having something great and cheap, something great edging ahead,

With Priceline express for those dates have 1 4.5 star and 1 5 star,

5 star has pets allowed, Business Centre, Free Internet, indoor and outdoor pool and Fintness centre and $143, guessing taxes and fees on top?

4.5 star is $146 has Fintness centre, indoor and outdoor pool and Free parking

For Hotwire 5 star is $274 so too high no 4.5 stars 

have selected south strip only 

5* South - Possible match for the Vdara

4.5* South - Possible match for the Elara.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

With a whole eight nights, I personally would be inclined to try a couple different hotels in the area.  They can be quite different and provide different experiences.  Also, you could check the rates out across the different days and opt for a more fancy one when rates were lower, stepping back to more of a budget one on the more expensive days.  

Just to give you an example, from Hotwire the lowest priced 5* by individual nights:

3 - $396 (Friday)

4 - $396 (Saturday)

5 - $194

6 - $317

7 - $255

8 - $205

9 - $205

10 - $235

The above does suggest skipping the 5*s at least the 1st two nights, and maybe the first four.  You can play the same game at the 4.5, 4* and lower levels, and also with Priceline Express.  It just depends upon your budget, taste, and inclinations.  I understand those internal head fights.

FYI - I'm a member, not a board official.  

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]