Priceline Hotel: 4.5*Star Hotel in Downtown - River North Area

TVB
By TVB,
in

Hi there,

Wondering what this hotel might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

• 4.5* in Downtown - River North Area.
  • Traveling March 23-27.
  • $86/night.
  • Rated 9/10 Guest Favourite
  • Has the following amenities:
    • Pets Allowed
    • Business Center
    • Restaurant
    • Indoor or Outdoor Pool
    • Fitness Centre

Any ideas what this hotel might be? Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Chicago- 4 Star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area hotel
  • March 23-27
  • $73USD/night
  • Pet friendlyFitness centerRestaurant(s)Business centerInternet access

Welcome to Betterbidding.

4.5* Downtown-RN has not yet been ID'd/reported, but a guess would be that this is the Palomar.

The 4* HOTWIRE $73 in the WT area would be a possible match for the Drake, although these amenities are common and there is a chance it may be something else.

I'm very familiar with the city - if you let us know more about what you are looking for, I'd be happy to offer suggestions. Also, let me know if you have any city questions.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

One of the hotels guessed above was The Palomar, which based upon user reviews is one of the top 10 hotels in Chicago, so if not this hotel, what it is that you are looking for in a hotel for this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I still have not made a purchase yet. I've been told I should stay in the Magnificent Mile area so that is the only apprehension with the 4.5* as it is Downtown-River North. Today on Hotwire there is also this hotel:

• 4 Star Magnificent Mile Water Tower area
  • $70USD/night
  • March 23-27
  • Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Pet friendly, Restaurant(s)
  • 90% Recommended, 4/5 Trip Advisor

Any thoughts? Thanks very much for your help.

I'm extremely familiar with Chicago and would much rather recommend River North than Michigan Ave. River North has a tremendous selection of restaurants and nightlife and is a very easy walk to Michigan Ave. Additionally, River North properties are (in most cases) closer to the Red Line. The Michigan Ave. area in Chicago is the most well-known, but honestly, much of it is shopping that you can find elsewhere for cheaper - it's enjoyable to stroll around, but I wouldn't only focus the hotel selection on hotels right on/near it. Lincoln Park and Chinatown are compelling areas to browse around, as well.

The $70 HOTWIRE listing is a possible match for the Drake, although those amenities are common so there is always the chance it may be something not yet reported.

Ok perfect. Thanks very much for your advice. In that case, I will go with the River North area. These are my options from Hotwire:

• Downtown River North
  • 4.5 Star
  • $83USD/Night
  • March 23-27
  • 90% recommended 4/5 Trip Advisor
  • Amenities
    Business Center, Fitness center, Indoor pool(s), Internet access, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms
    Accessibility
    Accessible for visually impaired

• Downtown River North Area Boutique Hotel (last person got the Godfrey)
  • 4 Star
  • $80USD/night
  • March 23-27
  • 95% recommended (No Trip advisor score)
  • Allows you to select a King bed at no extra cost-selection guaranteed.
  • Complimentary
    Free Internet
    Amenities
    Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms, Spa services

There is also this one on Priceline:

• Downtown River North Area
  • 4 Star
  • $66USD/Night
  • March 23-27
  • No guest rating
    • Business Center
    • Restaurant
    • Free Internet
    • Fitness Center
    • Non Smoking

Thanks again for your help!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, i'm seeing a hotel offer with this amenity set, but priced at $70/nite... if this is what you're seeing, my guess for this one would be the Hotel Felix.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another great option that just popped up:

4.5* Mag Mile N-WT $85 HOTWIRE Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

-- Possible match for the Sofitel, which would be a terrific result. Easy taxi ride from River North, a couple of blocks off Michigan Ave and easy walk to Gold Coast area nightlife. Red Line station few minutes walk South.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]