Priceline Hotel: Need a Room for family of 5 NYC

lpitts@co.lee.ms.us
By [email protected],
in

I have used your site several times to book hotels.  I have always had great luck.  Thanks!  I am trying to book a room in NYC for June 15-19, 2016.  I am know how the site works for price so that is not an issue.  My issue is most of the time the rooms are double but most of what I am finding for NYC is single. My family is me and my husband and a 13, 11 & 8 yr old.  How do I know or how can I search for double rooms or suites?

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

We're glad to hear you have used and found the site useful in the past, but we are disappointed to see that this is your first post.:sad:  It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins, rejected bids, and other experiences with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel.  HOTWIRE will allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search.  There is no way to search either service to guarantee accommodations for five people, and trying to search for double (or quad occupancy with HOTWIRE) and hoping for the best might work in a family friendly area such as Orlando where rooms are often large and are designed to accommodating families, but in NYC this would be risky (imo) as most hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, little or no space for a rollaway (some NYC hotels don't even have them), and/or consider rooms with two beds to be an upgrade from standard and charge a extra for them.  It would also be easier to book for quad occupancy and 'hope for the best' if your youngest child was a bit younger (3-5 years old).

I would have a look at what it would cost you to book one room for 5 thru conventional booking channels (Expedia has a good interface for searching for more than quad occupancy) then compare that to how much it would cost for two rooms for 5 people thru HOTWIRE.  Even if two rooms costs a little more, it may be worthwhile for the extra space (NYC hotel rooms are notoriously small) and an extra bathroom which would make getting ready to go out each day a little quicker.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]