Priceline Hotel: New York 4* help for3/20 - 3/22/16

ATravelingMan
By ATravelingMan,
in

My wife and 10 year old daughter will share one double room in NY City for a total of 5 nights, 3/17 - 3/22/16.  The reason for our trip is to see our son's choir perform at Carnegie Hall on 3/21/16.  (I know my 10-year old breaks the 2 person rule, but she is small and sleep on a pad on the floor if needed.) 

We are meeting up with friends on the last two days, 3/20 - 3/22, and would like to stay as close to Carnegie Hall as possible -- Midtown East, or maybe South Central Park or Rockefeller Center during our last two nights. Even Times Square or Grand Central zones look close and might be ok if they are safe, or possibly Upper West Side or Midtown West if rates are better in those areas.  As is obvious, we have considerable flexibility and are mainly concerned with price, but don't want to get too far away from Carnegie Hall for our last two nights.

We would prefer staying in a 4* for at least the last two nights.  Of course staying in a 4* the entire 5-day stay wouldn't be bad if we could find something very affordable - like under $140 - $150 if possible.  We are also willing to go to a 3* if needed to stay under $140.  

I know this will be a different post, but for the first three nights we are hoping to stay in any zone -- including lower Manhattan -- that is much cheaper.  We could split our 5 nights into 3 nights and then 2, or 2 nights and then 3, if that might help in getting in a better priced hotel or zone. 

Finally, do you expect prices to improve slightly before these dates, or should we go ahead and buy now?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Welcome to BetterBidding! (can congratulations on your son's upcoming choir performance)

As price is the primary motivating factor, i'd re-consider your requirement to be close to Carnegie Hall for the last 2 nites of your stay... why plan any part of your trip to be in proximity to this one event (which you can easily and inexpensively get to from almost any other part of the city)?  It's your trip and you know your needs better than we do, so we will advise in whatever you decide for this trip, but if price is indeed the biggest driving factor, know that you can get to Carnegie Hall easily enough from just about any point in the city.

If you decide to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID we will then use a second topic for the additional nites of your stay, but for now we can keep everything in one since the decision to split or not has not yet been decided.

Some of what i'm seeing on a quick overview:

3/17-3/22

3* Nh Jolly Hotel Madison Towers for $137/nite

3* BEST WESTERN Bowery Hanbee Hotel for $153/nite

4* Hotel Boutique At Grand Central for $159/nite

4* Sixty LES for $164/nite

... so you see you do have some options within (or very near) your budget for the complete stay

3/17-3/20

4* Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial District for $153/nite

3* BEST WESTERN Bowery Hanbee Hotel for $163/nite

3/20-3/22

4* Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel for $136/nite (this would be a 5 minute walk to Carnegie Hall)

Given the how would you like to proceed?  If you decide to split the stay i would suggest perhaps going for the Sheraton at $136/nite since it meets your needs so well, then for the first 3 nites where your plans are more flexible, try bidding on PRICELINE (knowing that your 'worst case scenario' is in the $150-$160 range, at least at this point in time, given the prices above)... or you may choose convenience of not having to change hotels mid-trip for one of the options above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]