Priceline Hotel: NYC April 8th-16th

ahays
By ahays,
in

Will be travelling to NYC for the first time with a girlfriend, ideally convenient public transport to tourist spots and walking distance to some nice restaurant/bar areas in Manhattan. The only amenity we really need is WIFI. What zone should we be looking at? need to be a safe area to walk during night time as well.

We are willing to pay $150 -$200 per night maybe a bit more if it worth it, not sure what star we can get for that much budget. We are both new to Priceline, and apparently Priceline has its own rating system. Can someone kindly explain what sort of hotel will fit into the 3.5*, 4* and 4.5* category?

Does the length of your stay play a role as well? We will be in NYC for 8 nights but thinking of maybe spending 3 nites in Brooklyn for a lower total price.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can get a feel for what type of hotels are offered at each star rating thru each service in our Priceline and Hotwire Hotel Lists.

If you're flexible on zone and star rating i think you can get something within your budget for the entire stay (and i question just how much you will save by staying in Brooklyn... we can explore/discuss that option, but my guess is that you won't be saving all that much)

To give you two options that caught my eye when i searched for your complete stay (confirm all dates on the landing page):

3.5* Central Park South for $146/nite with only a Fitness Center amenity listed.  My guess for this one would be the Ameritania Hotel which is very centrally located and gets good reviews.  If it should be something else (as can never be too certain with only one amenity set showing) you still have the 'safety net' of it being a 'good' hotel based upon the 8+ user review rating showing for this property.

4* Lower East Side hotel for $159/nite with Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center.  Not as centrally located but near a subway line about 15 minutes to midtown and in an interesting neighborhood that has gone thru a big transformation in the last 10 years and now has a lot of boutiques, restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.  My guess here would be the Wyndham Garden Chinatown which gets very good reviews.

Let's start with your thoughts on the board and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]