Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (Capitol Hill - National Mall) Washington Court Hotel

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Hi - Hubby & I are thinking of a possible trip to D.C. & are flexible in the days, but looking for 6 - 7 nights, somewhere between 3/23 - 3/31 - not being familiar with D.C., we would like to either priceline or hotwire something that is nice, preferably 4* or like 3.5* (wondering if this is still nice in the city???? I know in NY anything below 4* is not good)not super fussy, but it has to be clean & nice...no rundown hotels or I wont sleep!! :mellow: & either centrally located to walk to attractions, or close to a metro station that we could use the public transportation to get around, (wondering if they sell a visitor unlimited transit pass like Boston does??)...of course we would like to stay @ 120.00 or so, or possibly could go a little higher...being that its probably right near cherry blossom festival time, is this even possible? Any advice , suggestions would be appreciated!!

If you search for your potential dates in our BiddingHelper.com tool, look in both the EASY VIEW TAB and the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab (both offer the ability to filter by only 4* rated hotels... then sort by price)... do you see anything within your budget within 'DC proper' (Capitol Hill, Convention Center, Downtown, White House, Dupont Circle, etc)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do see a few on EASY VIEW - 

Convention center 4* 139.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

downtown 3 1/2* 130.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

dupont - embassy row 4* 142.00

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly,  Golf nearby,  Tennis nearby

capitol hill 4* 146.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

capitol hill 4* 154.00

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Any thoughts on ID of these?...open also to using PRICELINE if possible to get something cheaper....Im getting the feeling it is better to stay in the "DC proper" rather than go with something out of the city but on the metro line & might be more reasonable?...

Thanx for the help!!

Im also interested in a bidding strategy if anyone thinks I may luck out with a good price that way - It looks as though I have quite a few free rebid areas on a 4* try, although I think I would be hesitant using some of the 3.5* rebid zones, as they could be way outside our desired "win" area?? Obviously we dont want to end up outside where we want to be...It looks like DC is a tricky "rebid" area with all of the zones!! :blink::blink: 

sorry for the extra posts...found great airfare for the trip if I book for 3/23 for 6 nights...can anyone ID the hotels I found on the Bidding helper?

Capitol Hill 4* 85.00

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Downtown 4 1/2 * 114.00

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Downtown 4* 104.00 

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

If anyone could help with ID of these...TY...

now for hotel for 1 night by the airport - DCA - 3/29 - prices @ airport are more expensive than I expected!! Bidding strategy please!! max bid of 120.00 - 4* - but I only think I should use the rebid zones that have 3* choices? dont want to chance getting something out of Crystal City DCA zone...I count 7 rebid zones to do it this way...would you agree this is a smart strategy to make sure we only win Crystal City DCA? ...I know...no guarantees, as there could be an "unreported" or new hotel tossed into the mix...

6 hours ago, allybunnie said:

... 4* - but I only think I should use the rebid zones that have 3* choices? dont want to chance getting something out of Crystal City DCA zone...I count 7 rebid zones to do it this way...would you agree this is a smart strategy to make sure we only win Crystal City DCA? ...I know...no guarantees, as there could be an "unreported" or new hotel tossed into the mix...

There is no danger in also using zones having a maximum bidding availability of 3 1/2*, as long as you correctly check which ones are good just before you bid.  Checking on Priceline.  I count 15, the 7 with 3* and lower availability plus an additional 8 with 3 1/2* and lower availability.   

If priceline doesn't show bidding availability, there won't be an "unreported or new hotel" at that star level.  

However, if I'm bidding a sequence that takes me quite a while to do, I sometimes open a second screen on my computer and re-check those rebid zones maybe halfway though the sequence just to be extra cautious.  

Romelle

PS - for this different stay, you will want to open a new thread and keep it separate from your longer stay above.

Thanxs Romelle - upon researching, it is cheaper & more cost effective to just take the evening flight home on Tuesday, so wont be bidding on a hotel by DCA...I have been trying to match up the amenities on my questions on identifying my three hotel options without much luck...any ideas on identifying the 3 hotels I have listed? There are 2 downtown, & 1 in capitol hill..TY!!

Best guess/comments for each:

Capitol Hill 4* 85.00

--> Washington Court Hotel

Downtown 4 1/2 * 114.00

--> The Madison a Loews Hotel

Downtown 4* 104.00

--> Westin Washington DC City Center

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decided to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal for this stay and it was the hotel you were hoping for.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Have a great trip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]