Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria) Windermere Hotel

jaypali
By jaypali,
in

• 4 weeks later...

If you don't like it you can try to cancel it. The Windermere is not a hotel but a guest accomodation based on the official UK classification: http://www.qualityintourism.com/?property=the-windermere

The differences between guest accomodations and hotels are lined out here: http://www.qualityintourism.com/quality-schemes/

The hotel actually confirms that here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d210760-r245566040-The_Windermere_Hotel-London_England.html

TheWindermere, Chief Operations Officer at The Windermere Hotel, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Dear Odian

I hope you are well. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

The provision of accommodation in London is officially divided into two categories, with the following designators: i) Guest Accommodation ii) Hotels. The number of stars an establishment displays, is determined by the level of service, quality and facilities provided within the designated category. For example gym facilities are expected at a designated “Hotel”. Given the size and style of The Windermere, our official award rating from two independent industry bodies is: “4 Star Guest Accommodation”. We have received further “Gold” awards in recognition of our exceptional standards of quality and service.

Online travel sites do not explain the difference in these two categories to their clients. Moreover, many hoteliers find the official rating scheme to be too complex, and therefore choose to self-assess, thereby often putting themselves into a false category and awarding themselves a star rating of their own choosing. It truly is such a shame that this confusion exists. We therefore completely sympathise with you. We have always felt it paramount to stick with the official industry bodies. This credibility helps guide us in our commitment to excellence.

Please do not think that my response means that your comments are being ignored. I assure you that your comments have been taken on board and we are looking how best to improve.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to explain that we do not have minibars in the room because our bar is open to guests, and is available as room service at all times. The Windermere is open 24/7, therefore should our guests wish to have anything refrigerated, we would be happy to do this for them, and they would have access to it at absolutely any time. In our own travelling experience though, minibars can become horribly noisy, hence we do not wish to introduce such a disruptive factor into our guest rooms. An iron and ironing board is available on request at any time. We choose not to keep them in the room so as not to unnecessarily clutter the room. All of these considerations have been made with our guests' comfort in mind. You made a reservation for a Classic Twin room and received a complimentary upgrade on arrival to a Superior Twin. We would have been happy to amend the bedding to a king bed on request.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Wishing you all the best for the holiday season!

Emily Hambi, The Windermere

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d210760-r245566040-The_Windermere_Hotel-London_England.html#

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]