Hotwire Hotel: 4* Financial District - Embarcadero 5/19/16 - 5/22/16 $161

harshunlimited
By harshunlimited,
in

Hi,

We are a couple along with a 6 year old is visiting US during mid may for about 4 weeks, starting from LA (already booked best western plus sunset plaza, WeHo).

Need help for my next destination which is San Francisco.

Being a smoker, I am really looking forward to score a balcony room, since I cannot smoke inside the room with a child.

So far the research shows that my options in SF are very limited, with roughly $200/night budget incl. taxes, one of them in good location is Hyatt Regency at Embarcadero, is the following deals any one of them:

Hotwire:

4* $161 per night - FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Gives an option of 2 Double beds at the same price.

85% Recommended. TA Rating 4/5, 2001+ Reviews.

Priceline Express:

$151 per night - King Bed (also other options like city view, queen bed etc) - Rated 7/10 - Amenities: Pets Allowed, Fitness Center, Business Center.

Many thanks for reading.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

8 hours ago, harshunlimited said:

We are a couple along with a 6 year old is visiting US during mid may for about 4 weeks, starting from LA (already booked best western plus sunset plaza, WeHo).

If this was a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchase can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the win for these dates and it will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Best guess for both the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS offers above would be the Hilton San Francisco Financial District (so take whichever is cheaper or the one that gives you the bed choice option you would like)

Note that fewer and fewer hotels in the United States are built with balconies.  You may get some properties that have them if they took over and converted a building that was originally built with a balcony, but few are built from the ground up with balconies (i'm assuming due to liability reasons)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help with this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

12 hours ago, thereuare said:

If this was a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchase can you please post your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of the win for these dates and it will appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

No, it was from an OTA where I had some credit pending which was due to expire in Apr this year, so used them for this booking.

Best guess for both the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS offers above would be the Hilton San Francisco Financial District (so take whichever is cheaper or the one that gives you the bed choice option you would like)

Thank you for your reply, is this a good deal for this price & hotel for these dates? or should I just go for a decent Union square hotel? How is SFO generally at our time of visit, pricey or mid-season?

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help with this leg of your trip.

The further plan is as follows:

*Las Vegas: 5/22 to 5/26 - Undecided, looking to score a terrace studio fountain suite at The cosmopolitan. Right now the prices are way beyond affordable for my dates.

*Miami: 5/26 to 5/30 - Booked Marriott Stanton South Beach at $240/night incl all taxes & fees for a balcony double room. Here, I used their BRG of beating lowest 3rd party price by 25%.

*Orlando: 5/30 to 6/04 - Undecided, still between onsite (disney value resorts only affordable option) vs offsite, very confused. We plan to go to 2 disney parks, universal & seaworld. Any pointers or suggestions from you?

*New Jersey 6/04 to 6/06 - Will be staying with our Aunt.

*New York: 6/06 to 6/10 - Booked Tryp Times Square South at $240/night incl all taxes & fees for their premium 2 queen bed Room with balcony.

All the above hotels so far are 100% cancellable.

Have read 100s of the posts in this forum and I realise that parallel threads are not allowed, hence, not posted so far about LAS or MCO. You guys are very strict about it :p (kidding, it reflects on the quality of the content on this forum).

8 hours ago, harshunlimited said:

Thank you for your reply, is this a good deal for this price & hotel for these dates? or should I just go for a decent Union square hotel? How is SFO generally at our time of visit, pricey or mid-season?

The entire hotel market in the US has gotten stronger (and therefore pricier) over the last few years, and San Francisco is one of the cities that has led the charge, seeing greater prices increases than most other markets.  Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your trip, but i would say that these rates seem good, especially since you're searching for more than double occupancy (which can often increase the price)

9 hours ago, harshunlimited said:

I realise that parallel threads are not allowed, hence, not posted so far about LAS or MCO.

Actually you are more than welcome to start other threads for your other trips... all posts for the same dates belong in the same thread, but posts for additional dates or location go in their own threads (in the appropriate state category) as the topic title of each thread can then be used to reflect the hotel purchased for that leg of the trip, and to provide a link to appear in our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know here whatever you decide for the SFO part of your trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]