Hotwire Hotel: 5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) The Langham Chicago

cybersp78
By cybersp78,
in

Could you help me identify the following two hotels?  Hotel 1 is in the Riverwalk Area.  Hotel 2 is in Chicago River North Area.

My travel dates are May 20-May 22.

Hotel 1

Downtown Chicago Riverwalk

4.5 stars

90% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Trip Advisor: 4.0 (2001+ reviews)

$227 per night

Hotel 2

Downtown Chicago River North Area

5.0 stars

100% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Trip Advisor: 5 (1001-1500 reviews)

$288 per night

It will be our first time in Chicago and we want to be within walking distance of Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile, etc. I assume these are good locations.   I am so glad I found this website. It would be my first time using Hotwire or Priceline as well.  Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding! (we're glad you found us too :) )

I'm not certain of the first property... i'll let AaronJB take a shot at that one since he is local to the area.

For the second property my guess would be The Langham Chicago which gets excellent reviews (as indicated by the 5/5 TA rating) and is the #1 rated hotel in Chicago.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess for the 4.5* Riverwalk would be the Wyndham Grand.

The problem with these dates is that the National Restaurant Association show - which is one of the biggest conventions of the year - starts on the 21st. You may be able to save a little bit by splitting the stay between two different hotels. If you were driving in you could save quite a bit by staying in the burbs, but then it becomes a trip downtown and back each day.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I wondered why the costs seemed a little higher and hotels were filling up fast.  Unfortunately, my wife and I are running in the half marathon that Sunday so we didn't have much choice in the dates. 

But you were right on.  Booked the first hotel, the 5 star one and it was the Langham.  Looking forward to it.  This site has been so helpful.  I will have to start reading up on the Chicago tips before going.  Thanks.

Congrats on your success. :)

Really nice win for this newer 5* property, which couldn't be more centrally located. If you want, you can call and see if there's any way you could get a view, as this property is right on the river. Worst they could say is no.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]