Hotwire Hotel: 3* Savannah (I-95 access) Feb 12 *bidding advice*

tdew2
By tdew2,
in

Heading to Florida for the week and looking for somewhere near Savannah along I-95 to stop this Friday night.  Will have the fam along so prefer a clean hotel and safe area. 

Looks like my option on PL are:

Pooler

Richmond Hill

SAV Airport

Savannah Gateway

Will utilize the BB link to PL :)

I personally would avoid all but SAV Airport if you are with your family.  I will stay almost ANYwhere when I'm alone on a business trip but with the fam is with me - safe area and clean hotel.  You can find prices withing $5 or same at SAV exit and there is a TON here to eat and outlet mall if needed.  Just betterbidded my hotel this morning and sitting here at the Wingate at SAV Airport exit for $63 (+$4 fee and taxes).  Called other hotels before booking and all where $99+ +taxes.  Clean, 2 doubles, breakfast.  Have a great trip!

In light of the comments above by DomoBetterBidding do you want to stick with your original zone list above OR only bid the Airport zone?

Also, as you mention you're traveling with your family, and assuming you're only looking to bid one room, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel and they may not be able (or willing) to provide you with a room with two beds (or there could be an additional fee involved); is this a risk you're willing to accept?  If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option (as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy per room), or PRICELINE EXPRESS too if you can find a hotel that offers a 'Bed Choice' option and one of those choices is a room that can accommodate the needs of your family.

How many rooms/adults/children would you be bidding for?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given the $99 rates you found for 3* hotels in this zone thru conventional booking channels, how much of a discount would you need vs. the $99 rate to make an opaque purchase worthwhile? (although i'm not sure i the $99 rate was for hotels in the Airport zone... i'm currently seeing 3 star hotels in this zone in the $109-$129 range)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you let us know the zone(s) you're willing to accept at the 3.5* level, and your maximum bid, we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Still not clear...

21 hours ago, tdew2 said:

Original $60 bid was for SAV airport area only, rejected

Rebid $65, added Savannah Gateway, rejected

Rebid $70, added Richmond Hill, rejected

Rebid $75, added Historic District - Riverfront, rejected

At what star rating was the bidding above?

26 minutes ago, tdew2 said:

At $80+, I'd only want the SAV airport , or Historic Riverfront areas.  3 or 3.5 star.  Max $100.

Did you want to:

bid all zones at the 3.5* level up to $80... then continue for only the SAV or Historic Riverfront zones

OR

bid only SAV and Historic Riverfront up to $100 for a 3.5* property, if rejected start over with all zones up to $80?

OR

Is price the more motivating and you want to start at the 3 star level?

Please clarify and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

My bidding has all been at 3 star level, all along, as ref'd in the title.   I mentioned 3.5 stars only as a reply to your reply in which you ref'd 3.5 star a cpl posts back.  Let's forget the 3.5 star and stick with 3 star.  Unless I'm missing something?

Def NOT all zones - Only Airport or Historic Riverfront at this point.  My next bid (as I see it) should be $80 for SAV airport 3 star, then up from there, including SAV Historic Riverfront.  SAV Airport (3 star) is available for $110 (maybe cheaper?) without having to bid for it.

You can bid better than you are.. are you familiar with re-bidding? (If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.)

I'm not currently seeing any 3* HOTWIRE offer at $110/nite... which zone is this located in and what are the amenities associated with it? (as it may not be 3* rated by PRICELINE, which would mean you're not comparing apples-to-apples)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]