Priceline Hotel: NYC SEPT 19-22

trojdogg
By trojdogg,
in

Need some advise and help

We are travelling to New York Sept 19-22 ,we are looking for a 4-4.5 star hotel in the times square district

We would like to stay between $150 -$200 per night and is there a big difference between 4 stars and 4.5 stars?

Free Wifi and breakfast would be nice if available

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Few comments/thoughts regarding your criteria above...

4 hours ago, trojdogg said:

in the times square district

Is this the only zone you're willing to accept or do you just want to be near Times Square and staying in a nearby zone is acceptable as well?  I often tell users that they will spend far less time in TImes Square than they think... it's a convenient area on account of so many subway lines running thru this area, but there is really no need to stay directly in Times Square, imo, as you will be here less than you think)

We would like to stay between $150 -$200 per night and is there a big difference between 4 stars and 4.5 stars?

In NYC there is usually a big different in price between 4* and 4.5* hotels... but in terms of quality it comes down to personal preference as you may find some 4* hotels that you prefer to 4.5* hotels (as well as some 4.5* hotels that you much prefer to some 4* properties).  However, at the moment this may be a moot point as i don't think your budget is in the right range for a 4.5* hotel at current prices... and even a 4* hotel may be a stretch (depending upon if you're only interested in the Times Square area OR if you're a little more flexible on zone)

Free Wifi and breakfast would be nice if available

Free breakfast is not typically an included amenities at 4* and higher rated hotels... there are some exceptions to the rules, but most 4* hotels charge for breakfast (and is overpriced... an additional opportunity to get money from business travelers who are on expensive accounts).  Fortunately though there are plenty of opportunities in NYC to get an inexpensive breakfast at the start of your day. (we can discuss these further once you win a hotel and we have a better sense of where it is that you will be staying)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and your current thoughts based upon our comments and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply

My Wife definitely wants to stay in times square ,so I am kind of resigned to that lol , I am thinking a 4 star hotel would be great ,we are a little flexible on our price range up to maybe $220 ,want range do u think i should start my bidding at?  

Bidding is free, so just start lower than you think could possibly be successful.  The only loss is wasting a little time.   Checking PRICELINE EXPRESS and HOTWIRE can give you an idea of the higher end of the range.  You likely can do a little better via bidding, so something below that - 15%?

Thereuare suggested your original $150-$200 is a stretch, so $150 could also be a good point to start.

Romelle

PS - I'm a member, not a board official.

We can suggest a strategy for whatever dollar amounts you'd like, but at current prices i think you're more likely looking at the $250-$300 range for a 4* hotel in the Times Square zone (and more likely near the higher end of that range)

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable 4 star hotel in the Times Square area? (search '1 mile from Times Square NYC', filter the results to show only 4 star and higher properties, then zoom in on the map and look at the area surrounding Times Square)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]