Hotwire Hotel: Help IDing-- Berlin Prenzlauer berg condo- 3 Star $87

tostaky
By tostaky,
in

Please start by following-up your previous Boston Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the offer above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately a property with the amenity set above has not yet been reported to the board, and with only these two common (and nondescript) amenities showing, i don't have any insight into this one.

If this is the area you would like to stay, i am seeing this 3 star Mitte - Alexanderplatz - TV Tower hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $51/nite with Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center... my guess here would be the Hotel AMANO, should this be convenient and work well for your plans.  It gets great reviews and you could even upgrade to an Apartment style room for just $63/nite (should that be of any interest)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, searching for more than double occupancy will often return different offers (and prices)... but i did see the 3 star in your first post, i'm just unable to identify it given the limited amenity set.

If you clicked the link of the alternate hotel i suggested above, you'll see that was thru PRICELINE EXPRESS which may not be an option for you since you need more than double occupancy (unless you can find a PRICELINE EXPRESS that shows a 'bed choice' that offers a room that can accommodate everyone in your family, although technically your room is still only booked for double occupancy... how old are your kids?)

Thanks once again, your are very helpfull !

My kids are 4 and 8 years old. Of course they can share a bed with us, but i've seen many forum adice against this since: 

1) the hotel can cancel our room withount reimbursement for not having tell the good nomber of people

2) In europe double occupency probably mean 2 singles beds.  

While possible the hotel could cancel your room, this is unlikely, the more plausible scenario is that you would need to pay an additional fee for the extra occupancy or for an upgraded room... but a bigger issue could arise if the hotel is sold-out or doesn't have any rooms that can accommodate the extra occupancy.

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above, assuming we're correct on the hotel, you can see HERE that the Apartment room is listed as accommodating 3 adults... looking at the pictures it looks like there is one bed and a pullout sofabed in these rooms (which i'm assuming would accommodate the needs of your family), but leaves the question of the hotel is OK with it.

If you're willing to assume a little risk you could email the hotel asking if their Apartment rooms can accommodate 2adults/2children if the children are able to sleep in the same pullout sofabed.  If so, then you could make a decision if you want to try using the link above to try to target this property... but of course there would still be the risk that we have guessed correctly.

Let us know how you decide to proceed and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]