Hotwire Hotel: Help with 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center)

cedarjen
By cedarjen,
in

First post. I hope it do it right! 

Travel dates: 7/13-2016 - 7/15/2016

4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center) - $120/night

(I had input Coronado, CA as my search criteria).

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 

Our budget would be no more than $175 a night; if you have recommendations to offer, I'd welcome them! Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Please include all discussion of this stay within this thread - thank you.

You can also find the list of hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List California.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm not certain of the first 4* HOTWIRE offer in the Gaslamp Quarter zone, but my guess would be the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.

My guess for the 3* Old Town property would be the Best Western Hacienda Old Town.

If you're willing to pay up to $175/nite you may also want to consider this 4 star Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $172/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center... my guess here would be the Omni San Diego Hotel which gets very good reviews.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I checked the Hilton San Diego Bayfront's website, and their most expensive room on their website was $249 - the Hotwire price was $284 marked down to $120, so I'm thinking that wouldn't be it (unless Hilton would mark up the rooms for third-party sites that then mark it back down). I'm genuinely not savvy with this, so that could totally be possible. But that does look like a nice place! Still checking on other options. No decision here yet. The Best Western Hacienda Old Town makes sense. 

Thanks for the suggestion on the 4 start Gaslamp Quarter South which could be the Omni. I'll look into that. 

I will definitely post back here if other options arise or if I end up going with one of these. Thank you! 

4 hours ago, cedarjen said:

I will definitely post back here if other options arise or if I end up going with one of these.

Please close this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip, even if not PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, you cancel the trip, make a regular rate booking, etc. as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help in researching your trip.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

14 hours ago, thereuare said:

Please close this thread with whatever you decide to do for this trip, even if not PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, you cancel the trip, make a regular rate booking, etc. as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help in researching your trip.

Will do! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]