Priceline Hotel: NYC April 14 - 20

Prince Vegeta
By Prince Vegeta,
in

Hi all,

I am trying to sort out my accommodation and have previously posted in the San Francisco forum, and now I need to get an idea of where I am staying in the big apple.

I am arriving in NYC on April 14 and I think I will head down to DC on the 20th. I will probably head back to NYC before I head home, but for now I am chasing some advice for the 14th - 20th. I would prefer a 4* hotel depending on the price, and I am looking at staying around Midtown (although I am open to other regions if the deals are better).

I am hoping to get under $250, less would be better but I don't know how I'll go with that.

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks

Your budget is not going to be an issue for this stay, so to determine exactly what it is that you're looking for... do you have any specific needs for a hotel for this leg of your trip, does it need to be in any particular area or have certain amenities, or is the goal simply the least expensive 4* or better in any of the generally acceptable zones?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin you

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't really have any specific needs here, just chasing a good hotel for the least amount of money really. Any zone is OK south of Central Park I think. Can anyone make any suggestions about what zone would be better for a first time visitor? I'll mainly be out doing the tourist thing during the days, and not too concerned with the nightlife anymore. 

Here are some of the better suggestions/values for these dates (confirm all dates on the landing pages):

3.5* Midtown West for $163/nite with the only amenity of Fitness Center showing... my guess here would be the Ameritania hotel, which will 'only' 3.5* rated, it gets excellent reviews and is very centrally located.  At this rate it would represent a very good value during what is typically an expensive time in NYC.

4.5* Lower East Side hotel for $227/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center.  This isn't the most centrally located area, and this hotel is even slightly off the beaten path, but it's in an interesting neighborhood that has undergone a major transformation in the last 5+ years and there are  lot of restaurants, shops, etc. now.  The 'F' train is nearby (about 5 blocks away) which would be your major artery into midtown (maybe 10-15 minutes)... i mention this one just because it's a fairly new hotel and gets excellent reviews (so a bit of a trade-off between hotel quality and location)

4 star Midtown West for $230/nite with Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center.  My guess here would be the Hilton Midtown New York.  It's a very large business/conference hotel.  Don't expect much personalized service given the size, but it's very centrally located, which is a plus.

4.5* Midtown East hotel for $240/nite with Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center.  Best guess here would be the Omni Berkshire which is a solid hotel, well located, and well reviewed.  Can't go wrong here... but it comes down to if it's worth the added expense.

HOTWIRE also has what looks to be the St. Giles - The Tuscany for $235/nite, but if you're looking to spend this much, i'd sooner go with the guessed Omni above due to location.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know any questions you have and what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4 hours ago, Prince Vegeta said:

Thanks thereuare, some great options there. I'll let you know what I go with

Keep in mind that any of these offers can disappear at any time, so if there are any that you're interested in, you might want to act sooner rather than later.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

thereuare,

the first link for the 3.5*, I can get to that deal via your link, but if I search for it or change currency on that page, it disappears and reloads on the express page and says 'Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below'

If the deal is still available via your link, does that mean its still available? Not sure if this is the case.

Again, thanks heaps for your time, I really do appreciate it

I can't say for certain, but usually if the hotel is no longer available you will get that message after clicking our direct-to-offer link (so it should still be book-able).

I just tried clicking the 3.5* MTW offer above and then changing the currency (i forget, AUS Dollars??)... i see the page refreshes with the message up top about the offer no longer available, but if you look in the list of hotels there is still a 3.5* hotel in the MTW zone (for 232AUD... is this equal to about $163USD)?

If you can't get the hotel to appear in your local currency i would just purchase in US Dollars as whatever currency conversion you would need to pay your credit card company (which i assume is the reason you're trying to buy in local dollars) would likely amount to $2-$3 additional cost per nite of the hotel... and the 'deal' this PRICELINE EXPRESS represents should hopefully save you more than this.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck... let us know what you decide and how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, as I just stated in my San Fran post I need to lock in my accommodation now. Sorry to those who offered help previously, I never got around to actually bidding or locking in a deal, but now I need to figure something out today. I have spent a few hours this morning looking up NYC hotels. I would still prefer 4*, but not too picky on what areas I want to stay in. Midtown area seems like the best all-rounder, but in all honestly I am willing to stay anywhere south of central park. I found a deal on hotwire for a 4* hotel in Union Square for a decent price, which I think is The Roger, but I am looking at any option on offered.

Still hoping for $200 - $250, anything under would be awesome

Thanks again

What is the price and amenity set for the HOTWIRE offer you're guessing to be The Roger?

So we can get a better sense of what you're looking for.... what made this offer attractive to you vs. all the other HOTWIRE offers?

Nothing specific about the roger, it was one of the cheapest, and it had a higher recommendation percentage. I just want to stay in a decent place, so I am looking at a number of options. Free WIFI is probably a must though. I also found a very good price for The Rosevelt Hotel, but the rooms are very small compared to the other hotels I was looking at.

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

What is the price and amenity set for the HOTWIRE offer you're guessing to be The Roger?

2x

Are you using the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com for your search as i think there are more amenities for this Union Squrae-Flatiron property than what you've included above.  Using this method this is the amenity set i'm seeing when searching for your dates:

Free Internet

Boutique

Fitness

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

.... if this is what you're seeing, i don't think this is The Roger, my guess for this one would be the Martha Washington Chelsea Hotels.

Your thoughts on this one?

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]