Hotwire Hotel: NYC - Union Square - Flatiron area hotel 3.5*

ashaway12
By ashaway12,
in

Good afternoon, I was hoping for some help in identifying this hotel as there does not seem to be a list for Union Square.  It is listed as a 3.5 star hotel, with 100% recommended.  Only amenity listed is free internet.  The Hotwire rate is $114 a night for March 4th and 5th.   It says it would have been $175 normally.  Thanks!

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Boston Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look at the above listing and try to ID.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Boston hotel thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the HOTWIRE offer above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

To confirm, your NYC trip is for 2 nites (3/4 with checkout on 3/6)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With HOTWIRE only showing this one amenity, which is common for NYC, i don't have any insight into this property.

While the 100% recommendation is to see, i wouldn't put to much credence in this value just yet given that it is based upon only 6 total reviews (so likely a hotel recently added to the HOTWIRE system OR recently upgraded/downgraded).

I'm very familiar with NYC and i'm seeing quite a few other offers that are similarly priced in and around this area... is this the zone you need to be in for this stay or was it the percent recommended that attracted you to this offer?  If you let us know what your needs are for this trip and your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) we can offer of the better options that we see.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are not married to that zone by any stretch, I did sort by percent recommended and came up with that.  We are willing to stay anywhere except for Downtown/Wall St, Lower East Side, Upper East Side, or Upper West Side.  Basically looking for Midtown and close by areas.

I have seen three star hotels on HOTWIRE for $100 and less, I think $125 a night would be as high as I would go before fees/taxes.  Have used PRICELINE in the past and would be willing to try that as well if a better deal could be had on that site.  Thanks!

If you look closely most of the sub-$100 NYC on HOTWIRE for these dates are have fairly low user recommendation ratings, and although slightly more expensive, i think you would likely get a better value paying $125 vs. $100.

If you're flexible in where you stay, and since this is just a 2 nite trip, i would try bidding on PRICELINE at the 4* level in hopes of landing something at about $115 or less... bidding Chelsea, ESB, MSG (if you're OK with the possibility of the New Yorker), MTW, and Times Square.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there (if you want to bid please confirm your zones and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow)

If you'd like help with a suggested bidding strategy please confirm your acceptable zones, desired star rating, and maximum bid... we will outline a strategy for you to follow.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin you

Good evening, I did some research and this is what I have come up with.  

At this point in the process I would like a 4* or higher, if we get close to March 4th and I still haven't gotten anything I would look at 3* and 3.5*

In order my preferred zones are:

1.) Times Square (Would prefer to avoid the Night Hotel)

2.) Midtown West 

3.) Empire State (Would prefer to avoid the Marcel)

We would like to keep it at $130 a night maximum as I think we could find something on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS in those regions at that start rating.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, ashaway12 said:

1.) Times Square (Would prefer to avoid the Night Hotel)

2.) Midtown West 

3.) Empire State (Would prefer to avoid the Marcel)

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... if there are hotels in the zone that you're hoping to avoid, that is when PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE would be good options as you can often take a guess as to the hotel being offered (or at least be able to confirm that it's not the hotel you're hoping to avoid)

Do you still want to move forward by bidding the above zones?

When bidding the 4* level in NYC you have THREE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* TS...
Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $108, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* MTW...
Select 4* ESB...

Select 4* TS and MTW...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 4* TS and ESB...
Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* TS, MTW, ESB...
Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $127

If the above is rejected you can take either of these (confirm your dates on the landing page of each):

4 star Times Square hotel for $127/nite with Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center... best guess here would be the Hotel Mela Times Square

4 star Empire State Building for $130/nite with no amenities showing... Park South Hotel would be my guess for this one, but can never have too much confidence with no amenities showing

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]