CA ALL DAY
By CA ALL DAY,
in

4*Financial District - Embarcadero area boutique hotel

1 Room, 2 Adults

12/28 - 12/30

$92/night

FULL AMENITIES:

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4 out of 5 on Tripadvisor with 1001-1500 reviews, 75% recommended

Last person got: Club Quarters San Francisco

Is Club Quarters considered a boutique hotel?

Keep in mind that the "Last Person Got..." is the last property someone got at that star rating in that zone, which may or may not be the underlying hotel, so it's not a reliable indicator.

In this case, this listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. A guess would be that the Club Quarters has been upgraded to 4* with a slightly different amenity set.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

So after I won and booked Le Meridien, I did more research and discovered that people have been complaining about protesters outside of the hotel. Apparently they've been doing it on and off for years but it hasn't been an extreme annoyance until relatively recently. The hotel can't do anything about it because the protesters don't work for the hotel and are within their rights.

I understand that Hot Rate® Hotel bookings are final and I understand that this is something that can't exactly be disclosed on Hotwire but I feel like it generally should be. I read that somebody was able to get a refund through Hotwire after complaining but it seems like this is not usually granted since they claim it's out of their hands. Has anybody had any experience with anything similar to this?

This kind of protest situation is pretty rare. I'd call HOTWIRE and see what they say and perhaps have an article (or link) ready about the situation if they want further information.

Let us know what they say.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thank you for the suggestion. Will try to call later.

In the mean time, I'm looking at other options in case they are able to refund me or allow me to make other arrangements.

Any idea of what this could be? 4.5* in Union Square East Area Boutique Hotel - $98.

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

90% Recommended with 337 Reviews.

Hotel Zelos?

Yes, the Hotel Zelo would be my guess for the HOTWIRE offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how you ultimately make out.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just an observation - I looked at TA reviews and the negative reviews seem to be on and off, but not constant. If you can't get HW to refund your money, don't despair. It is a really nice hotel and you got an excellent rate. Furthermore, I think there is a good chance - probably more than 60% - that they won't be there, or won't be disruptive. 

I say that based on the percentage of good/bad reviews. Not scientific, just an estimate. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]