Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Downtown - Wall Street) Andaz Wall Street - a Hyatt Hotel

m0j0
By m0j0,
in

Hi all,

Since you guys at better bidding gave me such a great strategy to score a great hotel in LA, my wife and I would be honoured if you could help us score another one in Manhattan.

Our preference is basically central park south to the southern most tip of Manhattan downtown. The only places we don't want to live in is Brooklyn, nor Queen's

4.5*- 5* would be IDEAL and if its possible the range would be $150-$160 a night and if need be, $170

Our travel dates are 2/5/2016 - 2/8/2016

I guess with your expertise, is this number even feasible?  If not, I may have to change up the entire strategy! 

Thanks for your help (again)!

Our preference is basically central park south to the southern most tip of Manhattan downtown. The only places we don't want to live in is Brooklyn, nor Queen's

4.5*- 5* would be IDEAL and if its possible the range would be $150-$160 a night and if need be, $170

Your budget shouldn't be a problem for a 4.5* property, but to avoid any confusion, please list the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're willing to accept and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok here goes:

Central Park South

Chelsea

Downtown - Financial District

Empire State Building

Hells Kitchen

Lower East Side

Madison Square Garden

Midtown East

Midtown West

Soho-Tribeca

Times Square - Theatre District

Union Square - East Village

Would it be possible to get 115 - 120 for 4.5* and then 160 or so for 5*? Or is that just asking for too much during that time?

4.5* for $115-120 is something you can try but is probably not going to be realistic in NYC, even during the slowest period (first couple of months of the year.) However, I think there is the possibility of a 4.5 within your budget (I'm guessing around $135-145 +/- a few.) You do have some time, so I'd start low (but not unrealistic) and slowly move higher. Not sure about your plans, but given the temps in February in NYC, I'd try to focus on Midtown if you are primarily going to be seeing sights.

If you are looking for something specific, there are a few HOTWIRE options around the top end of your desired budget,, including a 5* in the Central Park South area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly for $155. This would be a possible match for the Loews Regency.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

We will of course start lower and work our way up to your maximum bid price, but at current rates you're likely looking at $160-$185 for a 5 star property... or $120-$140 for a 4.5* property.

Let us know your thought as to which you'd like to try for first and your maximum bid, we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

If you could suggest a strategy for 4.5* that would be great. I think 5* might be a bit too much right now as our dollar is doing quite poorly.

I think looking at the max of 120 for 4.5* is what i'd be happy with. Sorry for the late reply - holiday season is always busy

Of the zones you've listed above, only the following offer 4.5* bidding:

Central Park South

Chelsea

Downtown - Financial District

Empire State Building

Hells Kitchen

Lower East Side

Madison Square Garden

Midtown East

Midtown West

Soho-Tribeca

Times Square - Theatre District

Union Square - East Village

When bidding 4.5* in NYC you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would try bidding as follows:

Select 4.5* CPS, Chelsea, DT, ESB, LES, MTE, MTW, Soho, TS...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]