(LOCATION??) Standard SUV (RENTAL COMPANY??)

Jac121
By Jac121,
in

I wanted to document my experience. I'll never make this mistake again. I read over information and checked all prices. Read this forum for help. I was ready to bid on Priceline. I selected my standard suv bid $20 a day and won. I made sure to read all policies and and recheck my info. Got to my email and said I bid $20 on a freaking Kia Rio. Mind you I only had money to get a rental and huff it from Tennessee to Maine with my two children and two other passengers for my grandfather funeral. Now I called and told them what happened and now I am stuck with no money until 10 days after my return date to ensure I don't pick up the rental for them to refund my money. I am so angry that I've cried. I was very close with my grandfather and had to pull a loan out on my car to just make it there. To boot I won't even see money until after Christmas. I know other people have had this happen to them. I am sorry for them and sorry that I fell into the same trap.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We're sorry to hear of the loss of your grandfather, but in regards to your rental something doesn't seem right...

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the pick-up location, company that accepted your bid price, and the dates of your rental so that we can add this information to the topic title.

Is PRICELINE saying that you actually selected an economy car when you placed your bid as they can usually provide a screenshot of the page you initial before submitting your bid. Did you receive confirmation from and they agreed to refund your rental?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]