Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Angels Stadium Anaheim) Best Western Plus Meridian Inn and Suites Anaheim-Orange

tuffysue
By tuffysue,
in

The fee ends up being $16.125 per day which is making it hard for me to determine what hotel this might be.  I'm hoping to avoid Red Lion.  Any help?

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night:  $65.00

Subtotal:  $260.00

Taxes and Services Fees:  $47.76

Total Room Charges:  $307.76

Hotel Fee:  $64.50

Total Cost:  $372.26

Please start by following-up your previous Hotwire Las Veags thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

Then reply here with the dates of your stay and we will have a look at your post above. Also, in your reply, please indicate if the offer in your post above is referring to PRICELINE bidding or if this is a PRICELINE EXPRESS offer. If the latter, what are the amenities associated with this hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When a resort fee is shown on the bidding side of PRICELINE it is a the highest fee of a hotel at that star rating in the zone... not the fee of a specific hotel that you will be bidding on. In fact, at this point in the bidding process, PRICELINE has not yet even checked inventory for your dates.

Basically they are giving you a 'worst case scenario'... if the hotel you ultimately receive has a lower resort fee (or not resort fee at all), you will be charged the lower amount (or not resort fee).

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you're bidding.

Other then hoping to avoid the Red Lion, do you have any other goals for this stay? What is your maximum budget for this trip (since at current rates i don't think that $65 is likely going to be enough for a 3.5* in the Disneyland zone)... although i am seeing what appears to be the Alo Hotel Anaheim/Orange for $85/nite, which gets excellent reviews, should this be of any interest.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you!  We might end up using Priceline Express or Hotwire instead of bidding in hopes we can *maybe* avoid Red Lion.  (If we end up with Red Lion, oh well.)

To answer your questions my budget is $400 max including taxes, fees, etc.  I've been lucky a couple of times to get this at Wyndham (old Crowne Plaza).  Either way, I will use the better bidding links to book and post my win.

If you want to avoid a particular property, I'd suggest PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hot.wire. If you would like assistance with a particular listing, please provide the full list of amenities, zone, star rating, price per night and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Based upon the excellent reviews of the ALO Hotel by Ayres, would it be worth stretching your budget by $13?

• 3 weeks later...

How about this one?

1/24/2016-1/28/2016 - PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals 3.5* - Anaheim Convention Center Garden Grove Area - $84 night

-Free Internet

-Swimming Pool

-Pets Allowed

-Fitness Center

-Restaurant

-Business Center

-Bed Choice Available

Any idea what this one is?

Also, I couldn't get the 15% off coupon code to apply to Express Deals it says it's already been used?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

The one above looks to be the Red Lion.

The discount may have been one time use, which would explain the error message you're receiving.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases...

... and your searches too!

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above would be the Anaheim Wyndham Resort.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're familiar with this property and looking forward to your return.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]