Hotwire Hotel: ID Help - Cairns, Australia

nacho_man
By nacho_man,
in

Hello,

I'm looking for some help ID'ing these hotels for Cairns, Australia from Jan 1-5 (1 room, 2 adults). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Cairns – Trinity and Clifton Beach area hotel
4*
$79/night
44% off
95% recommend
Free parking
Internet access
Tennis nearby
Pool(s)

Cairns CBD area hotel
4*
$91/night
90% recommend
Internet access
Pool(s)
Wheelchair accessible

Cairns City area hotel
4.5*
$73/night
55% recommend
Free parking
Restaurant
Fitness center
Pool(s)

Cairns Pier – Reef Fleet Terminal area hotel
4.5*
$124/night
90% recommend
Internet access
Fitness center
Pool(s)

Cairns – Palm Cove area hotel
4.5*
$114/night
0% recommend

Some of these zones are quite a far distance from each other... what are your needs and budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Also, do you really want to stay in a hotel with a 0% or 55% recommendation by previous HOTWIRE guests when there are other options within your budget with 90%+ user review ratings?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

They're not that far apart (max. 30 min drive). I'd like a hotel for less than $200 that's nice and in a good area... But I'd prefer cheapest possible if it met my needs. I'd also like a hotel with a nice pool. Basically I'd like to know what my options are.

I guess I figured it might be difficult to identify some of these based on how little information they seem to reveal. Hotels in North America drop a lot more hints.

As for the 0% or 55% places, I suppose that depends on how many people have reviewed it. Until I know the name of the hotel I don't really know one way or the other. 

Thanks!

Rob

We have not seen any hotels reported to the board in this region and given the limited number of amenities for each i don't have any insight for these offers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any additional questions. I'd also really not recommend taking chances on a listing with a 55% approval rating and definitely not one with a 0% approval rating, as that's really rolling the dice, especially with a 0%.

I'll let you know what I end up with if I end up rolling the dice.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you decide to do for this stay (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

If you decide not to go the PRICELINE / HOTWIRE route, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com, which will give you a good visual of options in each area, and easily weigh how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]