Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square West) Serrano San Francisco, a Kimpton Hotel

runner1000
By runner1000,
in

Although, I got a good rate, it will increase because of the Serrano's "Urban Fee" of $22. Not happy about that. They should just include the fee in the overall rate. That way there are no surprises and patrons will not feel nickeled and dimed. Why do you want to make your customers feel that way? Just include it in the rate and look at all of the "free" services you provide -- yes, I would feel much better about that rather than being angered by having to pay your mandatory fee. Next time I may have to omit this zone when Priceline bidding, although, what other downtown SF hotels charge a similar fee?

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Resort fees are a growing trend in the hotel industry and more and more hotels are beginning to charge them. You can use our sister site ResortFee.com to search for hotels in just about any area of the world and then filter the results to see all hotels, only hotels that don't charge resort fees, or only hotels that do charge resort fees (which will answer your last question regarding with other hotels in San Francisco charge resort fees)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

runner - The Villa Florence also charges a $25 "facility" fee. Along with the Serrano, it is the only other "extra fee" hotel of which I am aware. 

After reading another post about the Serrano, I got concerned and did not bid 4* in that zone. The extra $22 would have wrecked my budget. I ended up going with a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal because I could ID the hotel. That being said, the rate you received was much better. I ended up with a net cost of $108 per night. 

Hopefully, that will make the bitter pill of the "urban" fee a tiny bit easier to swallow. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]