Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport

netpog
By netpog,
in

The BetterBidding Hotwire hotel list for LAX currently shows no 3.5* hotel with Spa Services, but I see one now on Hotwire.  I believe it to be the Holiday Inn Los Angeles Airport, which does have such a thing. (According to Expedia, and probably the HI website, and also a member post from a few months back.)

Suggestion: One way to identify hotels, when the amenity lists are identical might be to use the Tripadvisor rating, which Hotwire gives (not necessarily in all views). So although the Crown Plaza LAX and the above Holiday Inn LAX might show identical amenities, the Crown Plaza has a TripAdvisor rating of 4, and Holiday Inn only 3 or 3.5.

Question: How can we correct the hotel lists?

Below are the full amenity lists for the two hotels in question, with notes. On the BB Hotwire hotel list, they can have identical amenity lists. (For example: See the last listing for each, which matches the first entry below.)

This listing does match the BB hotel list:

3.5* Crowne Plaza Hotel - Los Angeles Int'l Arpt (Confirmed: a friend booked it)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access,
Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Tripadvisor: 4
Hotwire: "4.5 of 5 rating"

This listing isn't on the BB hotel list. It adds Spa Services. There's no pool. Not Boutique

3.5* Suspected Holiday Inn Los Angeles Airport (But NOT confirmed)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services,
Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Hotwire says Tripadvisor=3, but it's 3.5 at Tripadvisor.com

The listings only include what has been reported to the board and is changed when new amenity sets, star ratings or other information are confirmed.

Please provide the date/s of travel and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I wanted *this* hotel, to connect with business associates. The amenity listing matched both this one and the Holiday Inn LAX. But I figured it out: see my previous posting.

(Upshot: the reported Tripadvisor rating matched the Crown Plaza's. Plus, another listing showed Spa Services, which is almost surely the Holiday Inn LAX, although the hotel lists don't include Spa.)

Price was $99/room/night.  Currently $176 on Expedia & Hotels.com

Master Bu Kyin told his novice disciples, "Typing a URL is not The Way. The True Way is revealed to those who use BetterBidding's links to Hot.wire and to Price.line." And the novices were enlightened.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]