Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Melbourne (Downtown West Collins - Southbank) Oaks on Collins

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

Please start by following-up your previous Sydney hotel thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip.

For the trip above, are your dates and plans firm? Is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel and what is your expected budget for this trip?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've now finished off the Sydney thread. Sorry for leaving that open.

Yes dates are firm. I would like to know what hotel you think these are so I will then either buy the deal or try to NYOP and hopefully get it cheaper. Prefer 4* or above. With the A$ being so weak, I'm aiming for around US$110/nt.

Best guess/comments for each:

4.5* Downtown West Collins - Southbank Area $98/nt

--> Oaks on Collins

5* Downtown East Collins - Federation Square Area $166

--> possibly Marriott Melbourne or Stamdord Plaza, but i'm not certain of either

4.5 *Hotel (Condo) Downtown East Collins - Area $110

--> Oaks On Lonsdale

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Sadly, the first of those 2 deals has gone and the other two have jumped significantly in price.

I thought I'd try an "unlikely but you never know" PRICELINE NYOP bid for a 5* in either of the 2 Downtown districts (Downtown East Collins - Federation Square

Downtown West Collins - Southbank).

Using your PRICELINE link, I bid for these 2 zones at $90, rejected.

Closed out and used your link, added free rebid zone, tried $95, rejected

Closed out and used your link, added free rebid zone, tried $99, rejected

Closed out and used your link, added free rebid zone, tried $100, rejected

Closed out and used your link, added free rebid zone, tried $105, rejected

Closed out and used your link, added free rebid zone, tried $110, rejected

Closed out and used your link, added free rebid zone, tried $111 rejected.

Given how quickly it has changed, I am hoping that perhaps over the next few days, as we approach the beginning of the stay a fortnight from tomorrow, further hotels might be added.

I will use your links and keep you updated.

Thanks,

I tried the code and it said it had already been hard that was at about 9:30pm 4 Nov Australian Central Daylight Savings Time.

Has anyone noticed that entering PRICELINE via your link on a mobile phone gives you options the non-mobile page (not app just a mobile phone configured page) gives you?

For example, in the mobile page I can select West Collins and 4.5* yet on the usual web page I can't - there is only the usual 4 or 5* option. Downside is that I can't add rebid zones as only one zone can be selected per bid.

I then did a quick search and found this same hotel significantly cheaper - $257.32 for the 4 nights so I did an online chat with PRICE.LINE and asked them to apply the BEST RATE GUARANTEE to it.

After some confusion, it seemed there was only one room left and because I was at the booking page they were unable to see it for themselves, once I closed out of the page they were able to see it and were good enough to issue a refund not only of the difference but also of 20% off the retail rate.

So all in all, I paid USD205.86 total for the 4 nights which is amazing!

Shame that PRICELINE isn't able to match room types though as the $257.32 deal is a freakish one - it is for the COSMO APARTMENT, which is the biggest room the Oaks on Collins have!

Thanks for your help as always and I will always use your PRICELINE links and report to the board.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works well for your plans and that you ultimately scored a great deal.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]