Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - River North Area) The James Chicago

mikes1234
By mikes1234,
in

Hi,

I was looking for help identifying the following two hotels on Priceline and Hotwire, and also any suggestions on other hotels in the area. We are looking to stay in the Magnificent Mile area, as close to the Ritz as possible for a wedding we are attending. Travel dates are 11/5-11/8. Thanks in advance.

From Priceline Express Deals - 3.5* and $133/night:

Guest Score: Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)
Guaranteed Amenities: 

Business Center
    Restaurant
    Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool
    Fitness Center

From Hotwire  - 4* and $134/night (Mag Mile North/WT):

Amenities

Boutique hotel
      Fitness center
      Internet access
      Restaurant(s)

Accessibility

In-room accessibility
    Accessible bathroom
    Roll-in shower

85% recommended at 165 reviews and 4 out of 5 on Tripadvisor with 1500-2000 reviews

Best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS would be the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza.

For the HOTWIRE offer, i'm not certain, but my guess here would be the Rafaello.

I will add that i'm also seeing this 4.5* Mag Mile - River North hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $156/nite with: Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center

... my guess here would be The James, which would seem like a good value relative to the 3.5* hotel (although not certain how this works out for you location-wise)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the quick reply. I also ran a new quote through the Bidding Helper and saw a 4.5* in the Mag Mile North/WT with Hotwire for $145/night. Do you know what it might be, based on the following amenities?: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

They list is as 95% recommended out of 1281 reviews and a 4.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor

Thank you for the quick reply. I also ran a new quote through the Bidding Helper and saw a 4.5* in the Mag Mile North/WT with Hotwire for $145/night. Do you know what it might be, based on the following amenities?: FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

They list is as 95% recommended out of 1281 reviews and a 4.5 out of 5 on Tripadvisor

A guess would be the Hyatt (on St Clair.)

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm going to be booking through Hotwire today for the River North/Water Tower zone and a few new options popped up that I was hoping for help identifying, and any suggestions on which might be the better deal:

4* $139 per night with 85% and 1118 HW reviews and 4 out of 5 on Trip Adv. with the following amenities (I was thinking maybe the Whitehall):

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* $127 per night with 75% and 1252 HW reviews and 4 out of 5 on Trip Adv. with 500-1000 reviews (I was thinking the Allerton):

FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

4* $134 per night with 85% and 164 HW reviews and 4 out of 5 on Trip Adv. with 1500-2000 reviews (Not showing up in Easy View Tab):

Amenities

Boutique hotel
      Fitness center
      Internet access
      Restaurant(s)

Thanks.

What I'm seeing:

4* $127 Mag Mile-WT Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- Likely Allerton

4 $135 Mag Mile-WT Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Likely Whitehall

I"m not seeing a 4*  with 5 amenities as mentioned above.

What I am seeing for $137 in the Downtown-GP-MP zone is a 4.5* w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

--- This would be a potential match for the Swissotel, which I think would be much more appealing for that price than the Allerton or Whitehall for a similar price.

Thanks, Aaron. We might do that. Would you suggest trying to bid on Priceline in the Downtown/MP/Grant zone first for a 4.5*? I have only tried to bid in the Mag Mile area so far with no luck.

While things can always change and nothing is guaranteed, the listing information above has been seen previously with the Swissotel. If all things remain the same and that is the Swiss, I find that location to be really optimal and central in the city as a whole.

If you bid, the star ratings are not the same on Price.line and Hot.wire, so the Swiss wouldn't be one of the options at the 4.5* level. You could attempt bidding - not much has been reported to the board at the 4.5* level in that zone. I'm seeing the Chicago Athletic Association, Fairmont and JW Marriott as possibilities on the retail side, but unknown if they participate on the bidding side. There may also be other possibilities. Out of what I'm seeing, the JW Marriott would be the main negative in terms of location in the West Loop.

Overall, in terms of staying South of the river, I really prefer near the river. If you get something in the West or South Loop, those areas can be very quiet at night and if you have to take a taxi back to the hotel, that's added $. 

Let me know if you have any questions before bidding.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]