Priceline Hotel: Question Regarding Priceline Bidding Strategy for Midtown East 3.5*\4*

-Arthur-
By -Arthur-,
in

I have traveled to NYC VERY MANY times over the past thirty years. However, I now find myself in my first-ever position of going there for purely personal reasons and thus having to pay for my own accommodations. I suppose that's a good problem to have.

Can anyone recommend Priceline bidding strategies BOTH for 3.5 and ALSO for 4 Star hotels? I need to book TWO double-occupancy rooms in the Midtown East area of Manhattan in mid-December of this year and I would like to do so now.

I will certainly return here with a full report of my experience.

My thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

What are the actual dates of your trip? What is your maximum budget? Is MTE the only acceptable zone for this trip? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The first half of December are (on a seasonal basis) some of the most expensive dates in NYC and unfortunately, at current rates, a 4* (nor a 3.5*) is likely around the $200/nite area... either will more likely cost you closer to $300/nite.

I assume your dates are set, but if you are flexible and could come a week later, it would cost substantially less (and a 4* hotel would be well within your budget)

Are you by change able to change your dates at all?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What do you want to try for first...

Should we include both zones (MTE and MTW) in your bidding? Did you first want to try for a 4*, or given the unlikelihood of success at $200 or less, did you want to start at the 3.5* level?

To confirm, 2 nite stay, 12/9-12/11, correct?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

EDI TO ADD: see my next reply below before responding

To add to the above...

Just saw a 4* hotel appear on HOTWIRE in the MTW/Hell's Kitchen zone for $177/nite with (and with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating):

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Yotel - Times Square

You may want to just take this one, or only try bidding for a 4* up to $175/nite, but i'd act sooner rather then later given that if this one disappears i don't think you have any other options near this pricepoint.

The Yotel Times Square gets an excellent 4.5/5.0 TA rating from previous guests... so we can get a better idea of what it is that you're looking for, what is it about this property that makes you think you wouldn't want to stay there?

I will also add/remind of previous comments of these being expensive from a historical perspective, if you hate the hotel then it's not worth it at any price, but this is an excellent deal for this property for these dates, imo.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]