Priceline Hotel: 4* hotel times square identification

SARITA MATTAR
By SARITA MATTAR,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

How big is your group?

Please note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy (1 bed), after that is at the discretion of the hotel. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. So in your case would PRICELINE guarantee rooms for 8 guests.

If your group is bigger than 8 would I consider HOTWIRE. They guarantee sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (up to 4 guests)... this often means two beds in the room, but the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc.

Bidding for 4 rooms shouldn't affect the price as long as the hotels have inventory.

We can help you with a bidding strategy but we need to know your max budget/night before tax/fee's and the PRICELINE zone(s) you're willing to stay in.

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

This is generally one of the busier times in the city (although rates don't look as bad as I'd expected for this period - perhaps at least not yet), but unfortunately for a 4* in Midtown you're likely looking at more in the $160-175 range. Are you okay with being anywhere in Manhattan or are you primarily looking to be in Midtown?

Are you able to raise your budget or lower your star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

...I prefer stay in Midtown of Manhatan...

Do you know which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept?

I think ESB, Times Square, and Lower East Side offer your best chance to be successful at $140 or less for a 3 star property (but you should include all zones that are acceptable as it gives more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid price, as well as gives you extra bidding opportunities, which helps you get the best possible price)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As your budget is not that much for this time of year you'll likely need to make a compromise between budget and the best location(s).

Generally speaking here are thoughts on zones:

All of the following are generally considered to be well located and easy access to mass transit:

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Midtown West

Times Square - Theatre District

Empire State Building

The following are generally good but a few caveats to be aware of:

Central Park South --> well located but contains the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)

Chelsea Area --> most hotels well located, a few can be up to a 10 minute walk to the subway, but this is a very hot area at the moment so even with a 10 minute walk it's still considered to be very desirable with many bars, cafes, boutiques, restaurants, etc. in the area

Downtown - Financial District –-> a little inconvenient as midtown will be 20-25 minutes away via subway, but certainly do-able at the right price

Lower East Side –-> not in the heart of things but has been offering very good value lately. A few subway lines nearby to take you to midtown when needed

Midtown East –-> most hotels are well located but a handful can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway

SoHo - Tribeca –-> fine zone, especially for shopping if that is what you're group is interested in, but usually a bit pricier and better values elsewhere in the city, imo

Let us know your thoughts/questions regarding the zones above (or if from the information provided you're able to determine which ones will work for your group's needs) we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you do the bid strategy to me?

Yes, thereuare will provide you with a strategy later today.

Than I  start my bid for the best place and lower  price  ? Than I increase the price and add other places if my bid was not accept?

Please read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and let us know if you have any additional questions before you start bidding.

Yellowdog.

the best places in this order ?

1- madisson square garden

2- midtown wesT

3- TS

4-ESB

I assume the goal is the least expensive 3* or better in any of these zones and that you're not willing to pay more to stay in one zone in the list vs. a different zone in the list? (ie- you'd prefer a less expensive TS zone hotel vs. paying more for something in the MSG zone?)

When bidding 3* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MSG...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* TS...

Select 3* ESB...

Select 3* MSG and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and TS...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and ESB...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG and ESB...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and TS...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, MTW, TS...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, MTW, ESB...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, MTW, TS, ESB...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zone if you're unsure or new to the subject)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

... my re bit zone is Coney Island rigth? Because there isn't 3* hotel there ... OK?

Yes, you have the correct rebid zone at the 3* level.  And your logic is correct.

BUT - always check again just before a bidding session.  Changes on PRICELINE are always a possibility.

Good luck!

Romelle

Is this for the Nov 5-12, the same dates as your previous Priceline NYC thread? (or is this a subset of those dates??)

Are those the room rate per nite or for the complete length of stay? What are the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with each?

yes, 5 a 12 november,

sorry I forgot  ,  the mine was in Brasilian  corrency., now I update to dolar

3* Times Square theatre discrict area hotel $153,00 business center free internet

3* chelsea area hotel $147,00 business center,, restaurante , free internet, free breakfast

thanks

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

3* Times Square theatre discrict

Best guess would be Tryp By Wyndham New York Times Square

3* chelsea area hotel

Best guess would be The Paul, An Ascend Hotel

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Yellowdog.

Sorry, I'll bother them again, for the same date, CENTRAL PARK SOUTH AREA HOTEL $152,00 can be Holiday in Midtown New York, the amenities are the same, but in the hotel list general  it is in MIdtown west, ....

the amenities are :

bussines

indoor or out pool

restaurante

fitiness center

internet free

7+

another doubt, the final price already incluse tax and fees, this means that all taxes and impostes are already inclusive? I haven't to pay any taxes in the hotel, sorry so many question, but this is my first buy in priceline and  are various rooms....

The Priceline Hotel List shows the Holiday Inn Midtown as being in the Central Park Zone and that would be my best guess for this one.

On the check-out page PRICELINE shows the total that you will be charged. Sometimes they will also show any resort fee that would need to be paid directly to the hotel, but i don't believe the Holiday Inn charges a resort fee.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help... but why are you considering this property over the previous hotel(s) guessed and that you were interested in?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]