Hotwire Hotel: 5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile Area - River North) Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago

crito
By crito,
in

3/2/2016 - 3/6

$195

I searched for two adults and one child.

Is it the Langham?

Also: do you see any particularly attractive 4.5* hotels either in River North or in the Loop or Downtown/Millennium?

(This is supposed to be a special trip, so I will spring for the Langham, but just wondering if there's a top-choice alternative for somewhat less money.)

Thanks guys! (Searched with your Bidding Helper, will book with it too.)

Sorry: I swear I had pasted in the amenities list for the 5* in MM/RN, but I must have somehow deleted it! Here it is:

Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Also: a quick look at the 4.5*s made me think one of the two showing up in the Millennium Park neighborhood could be the Fairmont. Does that seem right?

$106, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

5* Mag Mile-RN w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa

--- Likely the Langham.

4.5* Downtown-MP-GP w/Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

--- Likely the Swissotel.

4.5* Downtown-MP-GP w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

--- The Fairmont (which is essentially neighbors with the Swiss) would be a guess here.

There's an appealing 4.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $134 in the Mag Mile area/wIndoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center.

-- Possible match for the newish Loews (which is square on the other side of the river from the Swiss and Fairmont, so all four of these listings are right near one another.)

Please let me know if you have any questions (city or hotel) before booking.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

One more question.

You said the Pet Friendly 4.5* in the Millennium Park region you guess is the Fairmont. What else might it be?

It's a great deal if it's the Fairmont. I might take the chance if the other possibility is also very good, but the Burnham's rooms are too small for my purposes, and the Blackstone is a bit out of the way...

The amenity set of the 4.5* above has previously been seen with the Fairmont which is why it is the best guess for this one... but as we can't see the hotel name either, it could always be something we don't expect, a new hotel recently added to the HOTWIRE system, a previously reported hotel upgraded/downgraded, etc, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Okay, there's a good chance this trip is back on!

I'm looking again, at 4.5 and 5* near the river. But the zones have changed! What is the "riverwalk" zone? Oy, just when I felt like I was on top of this stuff...

Anyway, I know you'll help me out -- but what are the boundaries of the Riverwalk zone, and which other zones is it cut from?

The zones look to have been redone within the last 24 hours or so and it appears that the two zones North of the river have been re-worked, plus a smaller zone South of the river has been made from what look to be parts the Loop and Downtown-MP-GP zones.

Let us know more about what you are looking for and I'd be happy to offer suggestions.

I see now from their maps that Riverwalk is south of the river, east of Dearborn, north of Randolph. Cut mostly out of the Park zones.

That's maybe my ideal location. My plan is to attend a conference at the Palmer House, but to stay somewhere with a more nightlife (and better rooms and maybe a view!). I guess my top choices would be the Langham and the Fairmont.

I am now searching just for two adults. Is this (5* River North) the Langham?

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Do you recognize the Fairmont among those hotels, or the Swiss?

Bumping this thread for AaronJB as he knows the area best and what would likely meet your needs.

What is your maximum budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes)

Is the trip definitely confirmed at this point in time or still may not happen?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

7 hours ago, crito said:

It is not definitely confirmed but looks good. I'll know in a few days but want to be ready to pull the trigger.

The hotels currently available may not be the ones offered once you're plans are firm and you're ready to book.  Please continue this thread once you know that your plans are firm and you're ready to move forward, we will be more than happy to have a look at anything at that time.

Thanks.

Well, anyway, once my trip was definite I thought I had better just pull the trigger on the River North 5* at $192, even though I didn't have a good ID for it. Turns out it was the Trump.

Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

I was hoping for the Langham, but maybe I'll be happy with the Trump.

While not the property you were hoping for, hopefully this will still be a 5 star experience you'll enjoy your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]