Priceline Hotel: Manhattan 4* Hotel 10/22 - 10/25

skye_blue
By skye_blue,
in

I'm looking to find a good decent 4* or higher hotel in NYC Manhattan next week.  My budget is less than $200/night.  I don't really have a preference in the location as long as its south of Central Park.  What is the best way to go about getting a good deal on a hotel in the range of about $150/night before taxes?

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square last month on a last minute booking for about $174 total including taxes and fees.

I have as my backup option the Holiday Inn Queens Maspeth for $165/night before taxes and fees.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

... and please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? Is Downtown-Financial acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, splitting bid is fine. I just want to stay in Manhattan and don't mind if i have to move change hotels during my stay. The other option is an apartment rental but I personally don't think they are worth it for staying in places that may not be the same quality as a hotel for the amount of money I am paying.  

Yes, the downtown financial district is also acceptable.

No matter how you slice it i think you're likely looking at $200/nite based upon current prices.

Do you want to try bidding? If so, what should we use as your maximum bid and please list all zones (by PRICELINE name) that would be acceptable.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like if I try to book something the same day that I may be able to score a pretty good deal on a hotel in the city. Do you recommend this? I can always find something further from the city as a backup but if I want to stay in the city and am flexible as to where I am willing to stay, that it might be worthwhile to book a hotel on the same day? Usually by then if the hotels have vacancy they will want to unload it at a cheaper price?

Thoughts?

This is one of the busier times of the year in NYC. There is a view that you can get good deals at the last minute - that's been true much less frequently in the years since 2008 as demand has ramped up, plus you're unfortunately dealing with one of the busier times of the year. Rates can quickly go the other way, too. As hotels go, you're 5 days out from the stay, this is already pretty much "last minute" as hotels go.

I will add to the above that you can use our sister site RefundableRates.com to try and find a suitable back-up, but most hotels typically have a 1-3 day notice to cancel without penalty, so you probably won't be able to wait until 'day of' to make your final decision (which i don't recommend anyway)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]