Hotwire Hotel: Help identify hotel

leonardogsouza
By leonardogsouza,
in

Hi, I'll be in NYC between November 17th and the 23rd and need a hotel room for a couple. This is the first time I'm using Hotwire, so, if you could help me identify these hotels so I can decide which one, I appreciate.

First time in NYC, so, I'm choosing Long Island City after friends recommendations and also close to my airport (LGA). Since the US Dollar x Brazilian Real is at an all time high exchange rate, I'm looking for something not very expensive, maybe around USD 70/80, close to a subway station.

Long Island City area boutique hotel $90

80% recommended (182 total reviews)

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Boutique hotel   Business center   Fitness center   Restaurant(s)

Long Island City area hotel $81

85% recommended (19 total reviews)

Complimentary

Free breakfast

Amenities

Fitness center

Long Island City area hotel $70

55% recommended (13 total reviews)

Complimentary

Free Internet   Free breakfast   Free parking

Amenities

Business center   Fitness center

Thank you so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can't link to HOTWIRE search results as the links won't work on any computer other then your own (and even then they will expire in about 30 minutes)

As well, there may be more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Also, please include the star rating for each hotel.

I will add that if you're considering the Long Island City hotel for $90 i would suggest trying to stretch your budget to $107/nite as you could then actually stay in Downtown Manhattan at a 4* property, as PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 4* Downtown hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $107/nite. This property only shows Fitness and Business Center amenities, but my guess would be the Doubletree Hotel New York City- Financial District.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, that deal would be amazing! However during the dates that I need (11/17 till 11/23) it goes up to $150. If you have any other tip like that, please, feel free to let me know!

Using the Bidding.Helper tool I've found the following:

3 star hotel in Long Island City

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible

80% recommended (182 total reviews)

Best guess for the Long Island City hotel above would be the Hotel Vetiver.

I will also mention/ask if SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is an option, as i'm seeing the 4 star Downtown hotel (again, confirm the dates) for $115 from 11/20-11/23.

Or $120/nite for $120 for 11/19-11/23

You could stay the first few nites in Long Island City and then the last nites of your trip in Manhattan (or perhaps we're starting to stretch the budget too much, but there is this 3.5* Lower East Side property for $139/nite for 11/17-11/20.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]