Hotwire Hotel: 4*, 4.5* and 5* LA Hotels for 2 nights - Assistance Please

juliana16
By juliana16,
in

Hi All,

I only came across these fantastic forums this week and would greatly appreciate any assistance.

I am looking at the below hotels, as I would like a min. 4* hotel in the Hollywood,  W Hollywood, Beverly Hills or Downtown area. Dates are 30 October to 1 November. (First time to LA, and the US, so apologies for appearing quite "broad" with my selection!)

1) 4* $151 Downtown - (I think it may be the LA Hotel Downtown or Standard? Not keen on Millenium Biltmore)

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

2) 4* $169 Beverly Hills - (Beverly Hilton?)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby

3) 4* $174 Downtown - (I think it may be Hilton or Millenium Biltmore, neither which I'm keen on, or hopefully the Standard?)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4) 5* $215 Beverly Hills - (Beverly Hills Hotel or Inter Continental?)

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

5) 4* $234 West Hollywood - ?

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Pool(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

6) 4.5* $246 West Hollywood - (Hoping the Mondrian? But it could be sunset marquis which i'm not a fan of)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

7) 4* $250 West Hollywood - ?

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

8) 5* $274 Beverly Hills - ?

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thanks for the compliments on the board :) )

Please start by including the dates of your stay.

Then, can you try to narrow down a bit exactly what your needs/plans are for this stay, as researching all of the hotels could take nearly a half hour (or more) so better to start with what look to be the best options (based upon your budget, star rating, user reviews, etc)... you can also start by using our Hotwire Hotel List for any possible matches.

What is your expected budget for this trip? (per nite before fees/taxes) Are you willing to pay much more for a 5* property vs. a 4.5* vs. a 4* OR is the goal the least expensive 'acceptable' 4* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let's start with the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Apologies- this was included but maybe next not clear. Checking in 30 Oct for two nights.

I don't think I'd be willing to pay "much" more for a five star but at the same time, I don't need to get the cheapest four star available. We have a preference for the Hollywood, west Hollywood and Beverly hills areas although like a few hotels downtown (ie the standard and the ace). We will have a car :)

Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

Sorry i missed seeing your dates the first time around...

Here are some thoughts no what i think may be your best options (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided):

On PRICELINE EXPRESS:

4* Downtown for $133/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Business Center, Fitness Center

--> best guess for this one would be The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites, Los Angeles

4* West Hollywood for $228/nite with: Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center

--> Grafton on Sunset would be my guess here

4.5* Beverly Hills - Century City for $242/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center

--> Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

4.5( West Holywood for $254/nite with Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Center

--> a new amenity set for the Mondrian-A Morgans Hotel is my guess for this one

On HOTWIRE...

5* Beverly Hills for $213/nite with:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

--> InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

4.5* West Beverly Hills - Century City for $177/nite with:

Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

--> Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

4* Beverly Hills Boutique for $166/nite with:

Boutique, Restaurant, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Golf, Tennis

--> my guess would be the Sirtaj Hotel

Are of any of the above of interest and work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your help and really looking into this for me. I am keen to learn but really, am quite the novice!

Looking at the reviews of some of the hotels and the prices at which they are offered, we like the look of the below (I have ordered these in preference).

Hyatt Regency in West Beverly Hills Hotwire
IC in Beverly Hills Hotwire
Grafton on Sunset Priceline Express
Sofitel in Beverly Hills  Priceline Express
Mondrian West Hollywood (sadly, stretching our budget!) Priceline Express

Initially, we were keen on staying somewhere “fun” for the weekend and hence why we were staying away from the traditional chain hotels and looking at more of the boutiques (i.e. Mondrian, Ace, The Standard and even the W, although this is still a “chain”). (Do correct me if we were taking the wrong approach)

Do you have a view on what may be the best approach? We will have a car so anywhere that offers “reasonable” parking or is close in proximity to cheap parking is a further bonus.

The discount services really do require a degree of flexibility - if you are looking for a particular style/type, then I'd recommend PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hot.wire where you can make an educated guess as to what's showing. However, with those services you are still limited to what they are offering for your dates which may only be one or two hotels at a particular star rating in a zone. If you bid, then you're really rolling the dice and have to be willing to stay at potentially any hotel at the star rating picked in the zone chosen.

Unfortunately, reasonable parking is probably not going to be found at a 4-4.5* in LA - hotel parking costs continue to go higher every year in major cities.

I'm also seeing a 4.5* in Hollywood for $212 on Hot.wire w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Possible match for the Loews Hollywood.

Would this or any of the above work for your needs?

Have you researched the hotels above to find out how much parking is at each? (or at least starting with your topic choice(s)?)

You can use our sister site ResortFee.com to more easily search parking fees, for example, searching there for 'Hyatt Regency Century Plaza' i see that Valet Parking (with in/out privileges) is $38/nite... is this 'reasonable' to you? (it's probably in the right ballpark for this area)

We usually recommend finding parking separate from the hotel as it is cheaper, but Los Angeles may be the exception depending upon your plans, since it is such a driving city destination... if your plans have you in/out of the hotel frequently throughout the day then paying a little more for parking that allows in/out privileges could be cheaper then a non-hotel garage, where you typically need to pay each time you enter/exit.

So if your first choice is the Hyatt, do the research on that one and see if it works for your overall needs, if not, then have a look at the InterContinental, and so-on.

Keep in mind that the offers above can disappear at any time (or the rate can change making then no longer viable options), so if you like the hotels above then you should try to make your decision/research sooner rather then later.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]